I didn't get merchandise from a seller, but PayPal won't refund my money

twyceguy
Contributor
Contributor

I made 2 online purchases from an online seller called 50FlashSale.com.  After receiving email confirmations of the order, tracking numbers for the deliveries, and notice of delivery I realized I was probably the victim of a scam.  I fired off several emails to the address included on the delivery form informing them I had not received the items.  The emails went unanswered and unacknowledged.  After the 3rd attempt, I contacted PayPal with all the details included above.  Within minutes of opening a problem case on the resolution page I was informed the case had been decided, "after careful consideration".  I was told if I wanted to pursue the issue to contact the seller directly.  Evidently, the "careful consideration" did not include actually reading my message which clearly stated I had tried numerous times to contact the seller.  I also googled the seller's website and looked for scams associated and there were several warnings about the company including the BBB site.  PayPal makes it impossible to appeal the ruling, even though it clearly is not a fair finding.  I am angry!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@twyceguy

I don't understand why you were not covered by buyer protection.

How did you pay for the item, website OR did you use the send money option and if so which one did you choose?

Did you open a dispute for non receipt of item or another option?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

twyceguy
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't understand why it wouldn't be covered by buyer's protection either,  and it made no sense at all that the case was closed with no discernible path forward towards an appeal.  It took a lot of effort but I finally was able to provoke the automated switchboard, whose only job it is to give you your balance and get rid of you, to allow me to talk to a human.  I explained the situation and found that PP's position was based on the UPS tracking number and delivery info.  Even though I told the rep the tracking number was bogus, she told me to go to UPS and find out who the package was delivered to.  I tried to explain again that it was not formatted properly to be a UPS number, but we were cut off.  A second call, another fight with the auto-switchboard, and finally a helpful rep named Amanda came on the line.  I explained the whole thing again, and Amanda opened an appeal based on my information, plus the data I gave her from UPS in addition to the NY BBB website which has issued a warning about this company.  She is attempting to contact the "seller", an unverified non-US resident (red flag!!!) so maybe, just maybe, when that trail goes cold, she will present the dispute in such a way that it'll be decided in my favor.  Now I am hopeful, but still frustrated with the process.

Login to Me Too

Gettinupset
Contributor
Contributor
See my reply. Do what I say to do and hire a lawyer. PayPal isn't protecting their customers at all. And they can be held liable big-time for allowing this to happen . Get a copy if the ups label. PayPal is too lazy to check. Then hire a lawyer or get in on a class action lawsuit. Contact me
Login to Me Too

Gettinupset
Contributor
Contributor
I called ups got a copy of the shipping label. It's fraud I've told them all along. They don't listen. They tell me I won the case then turn it around saying the seller. Provided dudficieny shipping evidence. PayPal could care less that's thats why I'm telling you the whole buyer protection thing is all lies. Not in representative from PayPal's so called resolution center bothered to ask one simple question . Let me see a copy if the ups shipping label. Well I cought then now. Please message me I have a lot of legal stuff to tell you. Get that ups label and you'll see it was never shipped to you. The seller lied to both PayPal and the buyer. There are multiple accounts, complaints all saying the same thing ... Class action lawsuits is the route I'm going because if you contact ups you'll see for yourself get a copy and sue PayPal for neglance. Failing to protect it's buyers. You'll win hands down. With the ups label. Have your lawyer subpoena it and sue them.
Login to Me Too

twyceguy
Contributor
Contributor

You are right - after the "appeal", which supposedly involved reaching out to the seller, I was informed the UPS tracking number had been provided so they found in his favor - again!  Even though I know for a fact that the website is gone, the email address to contact if the package did not arrive was returned as "undeliverable", the UPS tracking number PP actually has on record is, according to UPS, not formatted properly to be a UPS tracking number, and there are lots of other complaints against this scammer online.  PayPal is ripping us off on purpose.   First they are complicit in aiding this fraudulent activity and secondly, they refuse to take responsibility to protect their users.   I am **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

Gettinupset
Contributor
Contributor
Same situation. I subpeona the tracking number and info. Honestly all you need to do is file a missing or lost package report. In there you will find this fraudulent seller shipped it to someone random within your same zip code. They are sly. And if you ask PayPal to obtin a copy of that shipping label for them selves. Don't give PayPal any of your info. It was their job to invesigate and if they had!!! They would have found out this info. All they see is that what the seller sends them. A tracking number that was delivered to anybody in your same city and zip code. This is how PayPal is siding with the seller. Keep all that proof. Because that proof you'll obtain from ups. Which PayPal should have found out in their so called investigation. That means PayPal is negligent and liable. And possibly participating in fraud themselves. You can call your attorney general office they will help you. Or you can hire an attorney. PayPal is in for a huge class action lawsuit. Please keep in touch as we will need each others evidance. PayPal is the one who is going to pay now.
Login to Me Too

Gettinupset
Contributor
Contributor
Work with UPS Fraud dept. They are already well aware from several others having the same issue. Get a letter like this as proof. Then call PayPal and catch them with their pants down. I threatened them and I got my money back. PayPal has been told by several of us this seller is fake and keep denying our calls for help under the buyers protection program. I recorded the conversation with PayPal where she clearly states to me it's fraud and they refunded my money...if I can help anyone of if anything wants to join me in a class action lawsuit email me vegasplayboi @ outloom.com Hello&#@$ Thanks for your reply and explanation. My apologies for the late response due to high e-mail volume. After reviewing our system, Ii noticed that the Sender gave us a totally different address for this package 1Z338E490367958364. Your purchase may show the correct address but they entered a totally different address on the label created. I also noticed that this package 1Z338E490367958364 was not under your name. I understand that you have not gotten any answer from them yet, however, we suggest you to please try to contact them again or file a police report. On our end, I see that the delivery status of your shipment is currently being investigated. The package investigation began 06/08/18. The investigation can take up to eight business days, but the results are usually received sooner. Once we get an update we will try to contact the Company that shows they sent the package. If you have any other inquiry, please feel free to contact us back. Sincerely, Milton M. UPS Customer Support
Login to Me Too

DianeP24
New Community Member

I am very disappointed with PayPal.  Why even go through PayPal if you aren't getting any protection from delivery issues like this.  In the future, I will use other means of paying for my items.  I know my Visa credit card would not have treated me as bad as PayPal.  If there is any other means of paying for my items, I will choose anything before PayPal.  I still have not received my items, and I really do not believe they looked into my case at all.  If they did, they would have seen that I reported the day I was to receive my items, no delivery to my residence.  At least PayPal made me think about which way I choose to make my online orders.  PayPal truly is not worth my time and money.  Again, extremely disappointed.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DianeP24 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.