How do I setup a receiver to get data from paypal?

johnpublic_dev
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community,

Here is the challenge I am trying to address.

We have a NON PROFIT. Our donors make donations using Paypal. We download this file once a week and try to match the donor information with our membership database.

We want to make this as close to real time as possible. So I am looking into webhooks and IPN. My understanding of the IPN is that I need to setup some kind of receiver (for lack of a better word), a web service that will accept the data being sent by Paypal. 

How did you go about doing this kind of integration? Is there something in the documentation that will help me write this receiver? I can write code in Python and C#. Where did you host your receivers?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Nexus_Software
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Your IPN listener can be hosted at any secure URL that is reachable from PayPal's server. The documentation and code samples for IPN is located at: Introducing IPN (paypal.com)

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Nexus_Software
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Your IPN listener can be hosted at any secure URL that is reachable from PayPal's server. The documentation and code samples for IPN is located at: Introducing IPN (paypal.com)

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.