Hard to communicate with Paypal.

dougalsdad
New Community Member

Some time ago I saw an ad on Facebook and decided to purchase the item.  I paid for it with Paypal, A short time later I saw several Youtube posts exposing this item as a scam and instead of the advertised item, previous buyers  had received a cheap inert toy. I immediately made a request of the seller to cancel the transaction and refund my money.  I also decided it might be prudent to inform Paypal of the scam to avoid the future requests of similar victims seeking a Paypal refund on the basis of not receiving the advertised item. Regrettably, there s no Paypal window through which these circumstances can be transmitted.  I went from one mistake to another through very poor communication channels,  The seller eventually offered a refund on condition I return the item and pay the postage to China. I am supposed to respond to this offer through Paypal by29 October or Paypal will close the dispuie.  Several problems here. One... the item has not been delivered to me so I cannot make enquiries about the cost of return postage tc; and TWO.. I cannotfind the means to respond to the seller through Paypal as required.  It would seem the seller will get away with it because of Paypal's difficult communications systems.  I have sent my email address and phone number with a request tat a human rings me, but I am starting to doubt there wil be any resolution.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

dzarlinga
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. Paypal is doing nothing to solve this problem. You can not talk to a representative because they hang up on you and tell you to send a message. You send a message and they do not respond to it. Pay pal needs to get their act together on responding to messages and stopping these so called companies that are taking advantage of people and people are losing their money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.