Fraudulent email

Flyersexpos
New Community Member

<removed> Is this a proper PayPal email address?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Flyersexpos,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

I can confirm that if you receive a message from PayPal there will always be the word PayPal in the email domain. 

There are a few easy ways for you to tell which emails from us are legitimate—and which might be fake or phishing emails.

Fake emails, also known as phishing emails, attempt to collect your personal and financial information. These fake emails often link to fake websites that encourage you to enter personal information such as credit card numbers, passport or driver's license numbers, and account passwords.

PayPal emails:

• Never use a generic greeting like "Dear user" or "Hello, PayPal member". We always address you by your first name and last name or the business name on your PayPal account.
  • Never request financial and other personal information.
    • We never ask for the account number of your bank account, debit or credit card (or driver's license).
    • We also don't request your email addresses, your full name, your account password, or the answers to your PayPal security questions.
  • Never include a software update to install on your computer.
  • Never ask you for money in an email, and we will never ask you to send money through Western Union, MoneyGram or any other third party money transfer service.

You can always see your payment when you log into your PayPal account. If you receive an email saying that you've received a payment, always log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com (do not click on any links in the email) and check your account balance there.

If you think you've received a fake email, forward it to spoof@paypal.com. Then delete the fake email from your inbox.

Click Security at the bottom of the PayPal homepage to learn more about fake emails and websites and online safety.

For additional information about fake emails and websites, you can visit www.antiphishing.org, a website put together by the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.