Cancel payment, never receive IPN response

raulpresseguer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm having an issue where if I log in to Paypal and cancel a recurring payment, never sends an IPN (Instant Payment Notification) to my web server listener URL.

I configured my IPN listener code to take the Paypal response, and extract certain data from it. The idea is that the user makes a payment on my website via Paypal, and Paypal sends the response back to my website indicating success or failure (via the IPN). If I success, I collect the variables (that's working perfectly and instantly). But, whenever I cancel a payment action, I never receive any data from my IPN listener.

I only receive data from IPN Listener when the payment is 'completed'.

Any idea?

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
So you're saying you have an existing subscription profile setup, and you log in to cancel it, but you never seen an IPN for that? Are you working with Standard Subscriptions or Recurring Payments APIs?
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

raulpresseguer
Contributor
Contributor

Yes,

I'm working with Standard Subscriptions.

When the payment is correct, I receive the IPN call with the values of the variables, but when I cancel the payment i don't receive anything.

Maybe that's right and I don't have to receive anything. I don't know.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

You're losing me there.  You say "cancel the payment."  Do you mean you're canceling the profile, or are you talking about click on a Subscribe button to sign up, but then canceling before you finish?

Login to Me Too

raulpresseguer
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry about my english,

You can see where I make the cancellation in this image : www.premus.cat/image.jpg

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
This image link is coming up Not Found..??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.