Can no longer access IPN settings 2019

nickanthony
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to change my IPN URL but cannot access my IPN settings. I follow the help instructions (attached below) but they do not lead me to the IPN section. I click settings (little gear icon), which takes me to my account section, with my profile section on the left of the page. However, there is no "Notifications" link, button or section under the "Profile" section on the left of the page as the instructions say. The only section under my profile is "Account options" and nothing else. I have also looked everywhere else.

I have been using recurring payments with the IPN for many years. I need to change it to work with a different "Manage Members" script - per instructions from Paypal that they no longer generate usernames and passwords for recurring payments.

The IPN Section was easily accessible from the classic site many years ago. I went to the classic site, but still cannot find any link to the IPN section. It used to be under Profile: My Selling Tools, but when I click on "My Selling Tools," I am taken right back to the new site's my account section, with my profile section on the left of the page.

Please help ASAP - this is rather urgent.

=====
Instructions From Paypal Help:

How do I specify the URL for my IPN script?

You can specify the URL for your IPN script in three ways:

Add the URL in your PayPal Profile for Instant Payment Notification:

Click Settings.
Click Notifications under "Profile" on the left of the page.
Click Update beside "Instant payment notifications."
Click Choose IPN Settings to specify your listener's URL and activate the listener.
Under Notification URL, enter the URL for your listener.
Click Receive IPN messages (Enabled) to enable your listener.
Click Save.

Add the notify_url variable in your PayPal Standard HTML code. Set this variable to the URL of your IPN script.
Add the NotifyURL variable in your PayPal Pro script, and set it to the URL of your IPN script. For more information on this feature.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

not_here

Hi @nickanthony 

If you go to the gear settings you are taken to your profile page. You can find the IPN settings is now under the Website Payments option. 

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Christina 

Login to Me Too

ae6dx
Contributor
Contributor

I have what used to be a Premiere account and do not see IPN settings.  Do IO have to upgrade to a business account?  I have just a small home based web consulting business so no incorporation or anything.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Please try this direct URL to the page - Ensure to login to your account first.

https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/mytools/apiaccess/firstparty

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Moving this thread to the "reporting" section, as it's not sandbox related.

Login to Me Too

ae6dx
Contributor
Contributor

This brought me to the API page but I need. to set the IPN callback URL.  Where do I do this?

Login to Me Too

ae6dx
Contributor
Contributor

Is a Business account required to access IPN?  I had what was a Premiere account.

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @ae6dx,

A long term solution would be upgrading to a business account, as this is a feature only available to Businesses. For a short term solution, are you able to access your IPN settings by going directly to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-ipn-notify? If so, you can use this to access, but again this isn't a long term solution.

Thanks,

Christina

Login to Me Too

nickanthony
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Christina.
Finally - this is the link we need.
Cheers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.