Adding multiple IPNs

stefanlesik
Contributor
Contributor

I need to add a new IPN for a new WooCommerce website to a PayPal account that already has an IPN configured. I understand its only possible to have only one IPN per PayPal account. Here's a post that has a potential solution but its a very old post. Is there another way?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

That's basically the way to get it done, but there are more options when using WordPress / WooCommerce.

You can use PayPal IPN for WordPress to quickly get an IPN listener setup within WordPress.  It provides hooks for you to trigger your own code functions based on different transaction types and payment status.

Then you could purchase the IPN Forwarder extension, which was built to handle exactly what you're trying to do.  With the plugin you simply enter as many additional URLs as you want and it will forward all of the data to those URLs.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of that.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

tekmama
Contributor
Contributor

I actually purchased Angelleye's paid upgrade for his free basic plugin. All was good for a few months.

Untill he decided to charge for the basic plugin too.

Now this is a problem, as with his solution we need a bloat of 3 plugins - the 'free' that's no longer free, the paid forwarder for the multi IPN functionality and one to control updates. Crazy.

So now he wants me to pay for the basic one I don't want even but must have and which was free and is part of the advanced upgrade.

The multi IPN [the forwarder pro upgrade I purchased] won't work on its own and he is not willing to make it work as 1 plugin, since now he can charge for 2.

Dishonest and disgusting. At least for paid and existing customers he should give that basic one included. But he's too greedy.

Luck there are other great options out there that don't suddenly bill you double:

SonicIPN is a great plugin with much more advanced capabilities. I purchased this one too.

IPN Redirect from wickedcoolplugins is another option.

Plus, there are some opensource github scripts for doing this redirect if you feel confident to test it out. Google it.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Our IPN plugin was free for a long time.  What you purchased was a paid add-on to the free plugin.

We have now moved our IPN plugin to a paid model, but that doesn't change the fact that the forwarder is an add-on.  Not all people who use the IPN plugin need the forwarder.  They are still separate plugins, with separate pricing.

I offered you a free year for the confusion plus a discount on licensing after that.  I'm trying to help you.  What are you doing here helps no one.

Login to Me Too

tekmama
Contributor
Contributor

Another lie from you. I WAS NEVER EVER OFFERED 1 year free.

Here's what you personally wrote to me after a grueling experience with your retarded support guy who kept taking many days to reply and basically drives me in circles all the time till you finally took over the support ticket:

"

As it stands now, it seems you have a license for the Forwarder, but you do not have a license for the main IPN plugin that used to be free, but is no longer.

We are currently running a sale on the IPN plugin, but I will offer you a 50% discount off the sale price. If you click this link you'll see this applied accordingly.

Once you have a license key for the main IPN plugin you will be able to activate it within the Updater the same way you did the Forwarder plugin, and then you will be able to update both.

Again, we do plan to consolidate into a single plugin for the IPN functionality. Please bear with us while we make these adjustments.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about that. Thanks!

Drew Angell

******************* ADDITIONALLY:

"It seems" I have a license?! I do and will promptly now chargeback on you.

You never mentioned the basic free plugin would be treated as a stand-alone plugin. Just as all other WP repository plugins which have a basic free one and then offer paid upgrades for more functionality, I purchased an upgrade to your very basic plugin I don't even need if it comes without the upgrade for multi IPN forwarding functionality. Why should I need to pay for a useless to me plugin and pay for another plugin for what I need?!  

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yes, I did offer you the free year in our help desk. It was the message immediately following the one you mentioned above.

I've offered you numerous options to help you, both privately and publicly. If you want the help we're here. If not, good luck with your future endeavors.
Login to Me Too

tekmama
Contributor
Contributor

I see no additional emails in my inbox in that or any separate support thread emails from you mentioning a free year. Show me such an email. I would have taken a free license for the basic plugin as basic is not at all what I need even just the PayPal IPN forwarder functionality so there's no reason in the world a PAID upgrade customer should be forced to pay for it.
Charge all the users who don't upgrade but why your few paying customers to annoy them with such misconduct?!

As I mentioned on another forum post thread, you could simply have sent/send me a key to that formerly free basic plugin and avoid all this annoyance to your paid customers. Rather than hope they won't mind shelling out more money.

Sounds like a pathetic desperate strategy, attacking your good customers for double fees when you can't get enough others to buy, and then mocking me for not wanting to shell out another $30.

Paying $30/year and another $30 for the upgrade [total $60/year!] is crazy for 1 tiny plugin you made with such limited functionality, and so few necessary updates to it, compared with ones like Elementor Pro with so much ongoing development they need to do or WP Rocket and many other plugins. A single site license with them is less costly than your double whacker. 

WordPress PayPal IPN listener plugin or a multi PayPal IPN WooCommerce forwarder plugin is a simple lite script that does not require heavy plugin maintenance like the above-mentioned plugins. 

There's simply no excuse to scamming your paid customers by charging them for additional formerly free PayPal IPN plugin for WordPress when they purchase the WordPress PayPal multi IPN plugin forwarder as obviously if you structure it that the free one was a way to sell the upgrade and is required for the upgrade to work, when we purchased we purchased so the PayPal IPN forwarder can be used and not to suddenly need to pay for the legs of the table to get the table top to be functional when we buy a table.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
This is what I said to you in our direct help desk, which is where this conversion really should be happening. This was in my reply from 15 hours ago.

"Here's what I can do for you. I am willing to give you one free year of licensing for the main IPN plugin. This way you won't have to purchase it after having just recently downloaded the free version. Then you'll be able to use the forwarder as expected, and everything will provide updates for one year."

I've offered it to you privately and publicly. We really should keep this conversion to our private help desk. PayPal community moderators don't want to waste time cleaning up threads like this.

I just replied to you again in my help desk asking you if I can give you a call to discuss all of this and get you taken care of. Please reply there from now on so we can work directly and respectfully. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

tekmama
Contributor
Contributor

I see none of these claimed free year offer emails in my inbox in spam or any folder I can see, apart from the one you gave a link to buy with 50% off an additional plugin which was free at the point I purchased the upgrade plugin and which is misconduct on the part of a vendor to charge backwards for something after purchase.

Again, if you go buy a table you don't want that seller suddenly coming demanding fees per every leg of that table. After you purchased it. Just so you can use your table.

PayPal has a seller and buyer protection for exact things like this misconduct - 'item not as described'. I buy a functionality then get billed double after I buy to be able to use it?! Unheard of and typically approved chargeback material. 

So it is a relevant topic for a PayPal forum anyway. 

You have my email and as you wrote to me then please write to me with the key. No need to waste time chitchatting on a call with you.

Perhaps a direct email will arrive if your support system ones you claim to have sent do not arrive.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
My offers are in the help desk thread you have with me directly, and the specific offer was 15 hours ago. You replied after that, so it's in your history.

I don't know how many more times I can tell you I will honor what I offered both privately and publicly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.