single-select paypal button in website won't open, only flashes

mcentm
Contributor
Contributor

After using the button build app, the paypal buttons for the single-select list do not open.  They open in the review section of the button builder but not when I copy the code into the website.  After the PayPal button is clicked, it flashes briefly and then goes back to the button display.  The button for the fixed price opens, allowing the buyer to complete the payment; but not for a single-select list one.  Each of the buttons displayed flash upon being clicked.  The button for a credit card or debit card doesn't do anything.  Why isn't this working?  Do the single-select type buttons require additional permissions?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Jack

Hi @mcentm

If you need technical assistance with integrating with PayPal’s Platform API’s on your website, or you'd like to report an issue with the PayPal website's functionality, here's how to submit a ticket to request assistance from PayPal's Merchant Technical Support:

1. Go to www.paypal-support.com​
  2. Click Contact us at the bottom of the page.
  3. Click the Log In with PayPal button, Create an Account, or use your Merchant Technical Support Portal Login
  4. Fill out the information requested in all required fields.
    • Provide a subject, description including the webpage URL, error messages with timestamps, steps on how to reproduce, and the percentage of transactions being impacted. If you have a manager account at manager.paypal.com make sure you enter your manager login information and the partner. (Note: If you're processing through PayPal, it is recommended that you select the PayPal Radio button and provide the primary email address of the account experiencing issues.)
    • Environment - Production is the PayPal live site -  if your website has been active for a while, or it relates to any issues on paypal.com. PayPal Sandbox/Pilot/Test - if you are in a testing environment. 
    • We recommend you upload any screenshots of the issue you're experiencing and the source code of the respective page, as this will help the technical department resolve it faster.
  5. Click Submit to complete your ticket.

After you submit your ticket, we'll send a confirmation email, and a technician will be assigned to help you. The technician will contact you by email and provide you with any updates.

I hope this helps, 

Jack

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Jack

Hi @mcentm

If you need technical assistance with integrating with PayPal’s Platform API’s on your website, or you'd like to report an issue with the PayPal website's functionality, here's how to submit a ticket to request assistance from PayPal's Merchant Technical Support:

1. Go to www.paypal-support.com​
  2. Click Contact us at the bottom of the page.
  3. Click the Log In with PayPal button, Create an Account, or use your Merchant Technical Support Portal Login
  4. Fill out the information requested in all required fields.
    • Provide a subject, description including the webpage URL, error messages with timestamps, steps on how to reproduce, and the percentage of transactions being impacted. If you have a manager account at manager.paypal.com make sure you enter your manager login information and the partner. (Note: If you're processing through PayPal, it is recommended that you select the PayPal Radio button and provide the primary email address of the account experiencing issues.)
    • Environment - Production is the PayPal live site -  if your website has been active for a while, or it relates to any issues on paypal.com. PayPal Sandbox/Pilot/Test - if you are in a testing environment. 
    • We recommend you upload any screenshots of the issue you're experiencing and the source code of the respective page, as this will help the technical department resolve it faster.
  5. Click Submit to complete your ticket.

After you submit your ticket, we'll send a confirmation email, and a technician will be assigned to help you. The technician will contact you by email and provide you with any updates.

I hope this helps, 

Jack

Login to Me Too

mcentm
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I will proceed and submit a trouble report.

Login to Me Too

Dreams4
New Community Member
I have the same issue, please could you tell me if you resolved it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.