"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

slideleft
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone having this issue with their website-"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."? Its been down all day, perhaps longer.

Jeff

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

krueger80
Contributor
Contributor

In our case, it's the billing address that we pass that cause issues!

1) Passing an invalid canadian postal code will lead to this error. Same for american zip codes.

2) Passing invalid phone number with text in it, or bunch of other characters, like 514-123-1234 ext 215. Passing longer than 10 characters will not crash, and will show all in the phone field if he decide to pay with his credit card instead of Paypal. When the user tries to complete the transaction though an error on the field will popop. If user tries to fix the phone, all exceding digit will be truckated! 

Who tested that **bleep**???

Login to Me Too

Skylight
Contributor
Contributor

we are having this same issue, with a Canadain PayPal account! USA account works fine but not the Canadian account!!!

Login to Me Too

vikasrana

What is the solutions of this error and how to resolve this error.

Login to Me Too

jeffsbaker
Contributor
Contributor

Personally I think Paypal should put a real error message instead of this catch all error message. I figured out the problem for myself. I was trying to test payments and PDT returns so I set the form to submit to https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr but the "business" paramater was set to my real business email. I didn't realize that I needed to set the "business" paramater to my sandbox account business test email. After I changed that, it worked without errors. 

Login to Me Too

drewdub

FEB 2018 update:

try looking in your code for duplicate hidden input fields..  some builders add multiple ones and now that throws an error when it didnt before,   

eg

<input name="currency_code" type="hidden" value="CAD"> 

Login to Me Too

Nodlehs1
Contributor
Contributor

This problem has just started for me on my website which has worked fine for a number of years. Unlike most of your replies, I'm not as tech savvy as most and really need this problem sorted for me! Come on PayPal please speed up your findings and how to repair this?

Login to Me Too

CCSindia

If your payment are working well before and you started getting this error suddenly then it seems you made the API call right and  that why you moved to  PayPal for payment. So it means nothing wrong with your call. It is because of some internal issue at PayPal or some issue with your browser cache.

Try to clean your browser cache or try new browser window. It worked for me. Also try switch between LIVE and SandBox visit http://paymentgatewayintegrationhelp.com/

Login to Me Too

moulivarma
New Community Member

After seeing message "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." i though it has to do with server downtime. Not at all helpful.

In my case this has to do with changing website payment preferences. I was testing encrypted buttons and enabled to block Non-encrypted Website Payments. Disabled it and everything is working properly again.

Login to Me Too

BernardoSOUSA
Contributor
Contributor

I was having this issue with a sandbox request. Unhelpful message that kind of contradicted what I was seeing at the status page. Cleaning the browser cache worked for me. Thank you, CCSindia!

Login to Me Too

ibyb

I was looking at every possible solution for a WooCommerce site using PayPal Standard to Checkout.  I couldn't figure it out. Then I remembered that after upgrading to WordPress 5.x a plugin was asking me to turn on MEMCHACHED. It was "On." As soon as a turned it off, the error went away. Hope that helps someone trying to find a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.