integrate paypal for no paypal users: where to start ?

yarekc
New Community Member

Hi,

My client asks me to integrate paypal for no paypal users which means:

- they directly insert their card data (no messages such as : "you don't have a paypal account yet, so create it now"

- as few references to paypal (no paypal logo, no paypal headers)

I have integrate  paypal many times, but the integration invites users to use paypal, shows paypal logo, paypal url etc.

Regards

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @yarekc,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

To receive guest checkout payments:

1. Enable the PayPal Account Optional option in your account settings. 

Login to PayPal.com > click on "Settings" icon > Account settings > Website payments >> Website preferences >> toggle option "PayPal account optional"

2. Select On.

If you(i.e merchant) have implemented PayPal Express checkout integration, you can try (https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/express-checkout/ec-initiate-payment/) on your website.

I request to please contact your website developer (or) third-party shopping cart provider to pass the variables "SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole" and "LANDINGPAGE=BILLING" in the SetExpressCheckout API call to make sure guest checkout is offered as often as possible. 

Unfortunately, Guest payment checkout(i.e payment via credit/debit) is not applicable for every user. It's important to remember that guest checkout is not guaranteed for every transaction. PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

This is intended behavior of the product. Customer/buyer need to create PayPal account to process the payment.

You can also customize PayPal buttons.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.