installment payment button not working

daltonwatson
Contributor
Contributor

I have a volusion website.  There are several places I can insert html.  I have created a button to accept installment payments, and installed the button.  It appears fine on the live page.  But when you click the button, you get the following error message:

Invalid input. Please press your browser's back button and re-attempt your submission.
Please double-check that the characters you entered are normal A-Z or 0-9 alphanumeric letters or numbers. If you are using any special symbols in your submission, please remove them, and then re-submit your request.

Example of special characters would be the following: !@#$%^&*-(),+={}?:"

If you continue to experience problems, please contact customer service with the following information:
Time of error: 10/26/2016 1:06:49 PM CST
Field Name: cmd
Web Page: /ProductDetails.asp

How can I make this work?  I see no options to just add a hyperlink for a customer to click instead of the button.  This is what it looks like installed.  And I get the same error no matter where I try to add the code on the product page.

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 2.07.44 PM.png

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you put any special characters in the button code as it says in the error message?  I see you used a * character.  You must not put any extra text in side the button code.  Copy and paste the button code from PayPal button generator as is exported.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

daltonwatson
Contributor
Contributor

I added nothing.  And I am familiar with code etc, I know I pasted it in right.

Login to Me Too

daltonwatson
Contributor
Contributor

I added nothing. Where do you see a *??  I copied and pasted the code as Paypal directed, changed nothing.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran
I just tested the instalment button I think is the one you're referring to and it worked no problem. Did you get it resolved? If not can you post a direct link to where the button is?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Look at your screenshots, there are asterisks used.  We can't be sure just by looking at the screenshots.  Can you post the page or the button code.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.