how to stop paypal buttons on certain product pages

xMaybeMex
New Community Member

I'm using woo commerce with paypal.  On some products they can only be purchased from <removed> and so I've set up the listing as an affiliate - so far so good as it removes the add to cart and replaces it with a 'buy from <removed>' button.

The problem is the paypal button is still there and when I click on it, I get an error message saying

PayPal error (10525): An error (10525) occurred while processing your PayPal payment. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

How to I turn off paypal for these products?  I'm not too sure if this is a paypal or woocommerce error but since the buttons etc are defined in paypal, I'm assuming I have to do something on paypal's side as I can't find any way to turn it off in the wordpress dashboard.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

RWFC
New Community Member

I run a Woocommerce store in which I offer scissor lifts for rent and also scissor lift parts for sale. I have the PayPal checkout buttons enabled on the single product page which includes the simple products and the rental products. This is an issue for me because on the rental products customers are supposed to select multiple options before proceeding to the checkout process, however, when you click on the PayPal checkout button it takes you to the checkout process without selecting the necessary rental options such as delivery and pickup cost. The ideal solution for this would be to have an option to disable the PayPal buttons on specific product pages. I hope PayPal takes this into consideration since it can be many other people's problem as well. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.