digital sales

ALN62
Contributor
Contributor

How do I set up my account to reflect that ALL of my sales are digital? When I initially set it up - I was asked and I checked digital. But with some customers the system thinks I need to ship something. There has to be a setting to let the system know all sales are digital and nothing needs to be shipped/verified?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

StreembitMatt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm asking exactly the same question !  

When we run the sandbox with smart buttons the user is presented to either 'check' shipping details same as billing or enter different shipping details. 

It makes no sense if the product being bought is delivered by email or download.  - From a payment processing logic I understand the need for billing details, but this insistence that we are forced to enter shipping details too, just seems lazy from Paypal effort.  

Login to Me Too

StreembitMatt
Contributor
Contributor

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v1#definition-application_context

We found a solution for our situation in the UK so I think it would also apply across the pond in the US.    There is a configuration setting that allows you to disable the shipping address requirement in the checkout.   - Of course billing address will probably be required to authenticate the payment. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.