Why do I get the message “ This organization doesn't accept donations through this link.”?

Eventually127
Contributor
Contributor

It seems I have properly set up account to accept donations. The shareable link works. The QR code works. The button on the website does not. When I click the button on the website, it redirects me to PayPal with the message…This organization doesn't accept donations through this link. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Chiranjeevi_L

Good day @Eventually127,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

By default, you accept payments from encrypted and unencrypted buttons. For additional security, you can prevent buyers from sending payments to you through unencrypted buttons.

After you change this setting, we reject payments from your buyers who click an unencrypted Buy Now button, an unencrypted Donation button, or an unencrypted Subscription button. 

If you previously blocked payments from unencrypted buttons, here’s how to accept all payments:

Login PayPal.com > Settings  >  Account Settings > Website Payments > Website preferences > Encrypted website payments > Block non-encrypted website payment >> select “Off”. 

Once the above settings is turn "off", you should no longer receive the error message.

If your still facing any issues, please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US with the detail information and error details.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Chiranjeevi_L

Good day @Eventually127,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

By default, you accept payments from encrypted and unencrypted buttons. For additional security, you can prevent buyers from sending payments to you through unencrypted buttons.

After you change this setting, we reject payments from your buyers who click an unencrypted Buy Now button, an unencrypted Donation button, or an unencrypted Subscription button. 

If you previously blocked payments from unencrypted buttons, here’s how to accept all payments:

Login PayPal.com > Settings  >  Account Settings > Website Payments > Website preferences > Encrypted website payments > Block non-encrypted website payment >> select “Off”. 

Once the above settings is turn "off", you should no longer receive the error message.

If your still facing any issues, please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US with the detail information and error details.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.