Why can't people pay with credit or debit card without loggin into or creating a Paypal account?

SunnyDays
Contributor
Contributor

You are now chatting with Christopher Cr Christopher 01:52 PM Hello, my name is Topher! Thanks for chatting with me today. How may I assist you today? (Please note after 5 minutes of inactivity this chat will close.) Hello Tom. Hi. Your "PAYPAL GUEST CHECKOUT" requires to have or create a new Paypal account and only then pay with a credit card, which confuses too many consumers and stops them from paying for their placed orders. That way not only sellers buy also Paypal Inc. loses on your charges and fees. Christopher Cr Christopher 01:53 PM Do you have PayPal Express checkout ? I have many people not pay after they place their orders and they complain that they are confused too much too often and simply give up and cancel their orders without paying through. Guest Checkout should allow people checkout quickly and pay with credit card without registering a Paypal account but Paypal can still catch their fee. The loss of such payments is humongous as I have notice in the past 20 years.... Cr Christopher 01:55 PM You are going to want to speak to your host for your website and have them deactivate Express checkout. Do you have any other questions for me today ? 01:59 PM Why deactivate express checkout? Why host? This is about Paypal interface. My host does not host Paypal.com Cr Christopher 02:00 PM Because express checkout requires customers to create a PayPal account as opposed to a guest checkout. Your host website such as WooCommerce or GoDaddy, whomever you used may require Express checkout. If they do not then you have to reformat your PayPal integration with whatever host site you are using. 02:01 PM And what are the benefits of Express Checkout? Cr Christopher 02:03 PM You can accept PayPal payments from your website with PayPal Checkout on the PayPal or Payflow platform. With PayPal Checkout, your customers don't have to re-enter information already stored on their PayPal account. After approving the use of PayPal, your customers return to your site to complete and finalize their purchase. This provides your customers a secure and convenient payment flow. In addition, if buyers have trouble paying, they can easily return to your website to choose a different payment method. Your customers can pay with any PayPal funding source or their PayPal account balance, which includes any currency balance they may hold. PayPal Checkout is available for any country that can accept payments. 02:04 PM But I am not talking about customers paying me with cash or bank transfer. I am talking solely about paying with CREDIT DEBIT CARD via PAYPAL INTERFACE without the need to even LOG INTO Paypal let alone the need to create a new Paypal account = POSSIBLE? 🙂 Cr Christopher 02:06 PM Yes Express checkout uses Credit Cards, So if you Have PayPal Express Checkout that requires your customers to create a PayPal account, and unless your host requires that service, it is best to deactivate it and then your customers can do a Guest checkout and Not create a PayPal account. 02:08 PM Paypal needs to work on as new interface where people can pay with credit card without even logging into Paypal or without even creating a Paypal account. The recipient of payment can pay they Paypal fees still. OK, well I guess this is the only way today. Thanks I can not deactivate Express Checkout because of too many advantages: https://www.angelleye.com/6-advantages-of-paypal-express-checkout/ Cr Christopher 02:09 PM Thank you. Please Press X in the top corner of the Chat box to end our chat. Have a wonderful day! U2

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Temp20201215ac
New Community Member

My host is NOT the problem. PayPal is. How can I shut off express checkout in PayPal 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.