Why Can't I Add Bank Account Located in Hong Kong?

Sulo88
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

So since it is impossible to contact Paypal customer support, I figured I might try luck here.

I have business account with paypal and my business is incorporated in Hong Kong.

So my bank account is in Hong Kong too. But when I want to add bank account to my paypal account, I can only add bank account located in EU countries?

Why is this the case? I'm as a person located in EU, could this be reason, even though it doesn't make sense since account is business account?

Thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sulo88 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

The only exception is you can add a U.S bank account to other countries paypal accounts (as Paypal is a U.S company) AND SEPA bank accounts in SEPA countries in Europe.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sulo88 

PayPal accounts are country specific and not as mobile as people would like to think. If you have a business operation and bank account in HK, then open an HK PayPal Business account with HK based account info: business billing address, business phone number, etc.

Sign up for HK account here: https://www.paypal.com/hk/webapps/mpp/account-selection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.