Website payments

ABasa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to start accepting payments on my website when users can add the price they want. I don't have any products instead I have a monthly subscription, where users can choose the amount they are willing to pay... How can I set that up with Wordpress plaftofm? I was always setting up website payments on ecommerce websites and that's easy when you have a product and specific price for that product, but this is confusing me when there's no predetermined price.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Are you accepting any amount or do you plan to offer specific amounts to choose from ??

For example, lets say you leave it up to the customer to decide an amount - you would have to incorporate this line of code (text input field for amount) in your subscription button form:

Enter the amount you would like to donate: 
<!-- a3, Required, Regular Subscription Price -->
<input type="text" name="a3" size="4" maxlength="7">

The "a3" variable is used in subscriptions for the amount.

If specific amounts are offered, you could do that with either radio buttons or a dropdown selection.   The online button creator could generate a dropdown selection but, not radio buttons.

Bottom line, the subscription code may have to be custom created as the online button creator has is limits.   The second problem is Wordpress as it a bit different when it comes to HTML Forms (which is what the PayPal item button code is).    Once you have the code you need, the next step would be to figure out how to use it in Wordpress.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.