View Cart & Continue Shopping Issues - directing to pages other than original shopping page.

TheBeePlace
New Community Member

I have been emailing going back and forth with Chandra [removed] (in PayPal Merchant Technical Services) without getting straight answers for a week now.
This is something that could have been handled in a few minutes with a voice call, yet that does not appear to be an option at this time for what ever budget cut reason they  can justify.
I have been using PayPal for over 20 years and am starting to realize that is not respected in the least when this is how my situation is treated. All my Add to Cart buttons and shopping cart flow have been working fine for several years. Now there is suddenly malfunctions in the flow and all logic points to the recent changes made to the PayPal system.
I have a sister site that is not having any of the same issues, so that tells me the issue is not an across the board problem, but more related to the buttons I have for the added to my original site.

I have tried several versions of the (Add advanced variables) using shopping_url= (with various options) and while yes, that works for the "continue shopping" link as long as the user arrives at that page via "adding to cart" and NOT  using the "View Cart" button form a random page on the site.

I've recreated and recoded the pages for all the buttons ,including the view cart buttons, but still have not completely resolved the issues. 
I am left to believe we are on our own and the support personal are not trained well enough to offer real assistance. This is a very disappointing realization I have come to after dealing with this for over a week now with very little help from the company that used to be a reliable partner for my business.

If anyone has a phone number to anything but a robot or a relay team translator, please advise.

Thanks,
GD

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.