User authentication now fails?

dandkath
New Community Member

Our cart has been working for several years now - and nothing to my knowledge has changed on the backend/site that we host our cart on.  But as of a couple of weeks ago - we keep getting:

There was an error processing your order - User authentication failed

errors when someone tries to submit an order to Paypal.

Has something changed within the past month, say since the 7th of September?  Are there any new requirements that have come into effect regarding SSL or anything else that we might need to take into account?  I've read in a couple of places about the possibility that it might be IP related - so say our host changed it's IP address - that might throw an error.  But I can't find anything in my paypal admin screen showing allowed/disallowed IP addresses. 

Any hints would be appreciated!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

BB_BB
New Community Member

Yes I've had the same problem since August, and the server cannot find any error messages on their end. The customer's oder information is not being transmitted back to the database, and the message the customer receives is a blank page now. Everything had been working for more than 10 years. 

Login to Me Too

kanjikm
Contributor
Contributor

did you ever resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.