cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

SOLVED

Re: Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017 ?

PM on the way Smiley Wink

New Community Member

Hi,

We have received the same email as many, telling us that we need to fix one of our buttons (we only have one, which is a standard hosted "buy now" button, which only posts 3 variables : cmd, hosted_button_id and custom).

However, we couldn't find out what was incorrect. Moreover, the button redirects to the new Hermes page. Shoud we conclude that it will just work fine despite the email warning ?

@MTS_Ciaran could you please throw a look at our page ? Thanks in advance.

There is an issue with that button I'm afraid, in the hosted button code there is a variable which needs to be modified:

"amount notify_url=http://genimee.com/paypal/ipn"

You need to remove the "amount" from the above as the correct name is "notify_url", Can you amend this in the button factory through the PayPal account. 

New Community Member

Thank you @MTS_Ciaran for your fast reply. I don't know why this "amount" keyword has been added there, but it's now fixed !

Contributor

Sorry for double post:

Thanks a lot for your help,

but I am quite confused, only JP got a warning, and then apparently all was ok, and now is not (only in Chrome it doesn't work).

With this new information you have now, could you please be kind and re-test all the stores? So I would know what and where to fix.

Thanks again

No problem at all. 

So based on what I can see myself from the tests I'm unable to see the classic flow, I only get the new checkout flow. But for the example you sent over from the classic flow the variables "country" and "night_phone_b" where causing the issue. The "bad" variable and values caused a timeout during the login page loading and resulted in a fallback to the classic page. 

Contributor

Hm, as you saw in our shop, we don't require those input from user, what would be the easiest way to solve the problem?

can I PM you the variables?

Sure PM away. It would mean digging into your code to see where they are getting added into the button code. 

New Community Member

Hi Ciaran,

Could you please be so kind to test my sites also?

I am getting the new (hermes) flow on both so I *THINK* I am fine, however I'm not sure WHY PayPal would have emailed me that some buttons need work?

www.redlinegoods.com

www.snaprest.com

Could you please get back to me on this?

Have a great day,
Maciek

Looks good, but one little thing.... just remove the "currency" variable from the HTML code. The currency is already being set using the "currency_code" variable so "currency" is not needed as well.