Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

================================

Updating thread title to reflect the new date of March 29th.

Please note that we have extended the go live date for this until March 29th. Any questions related to updating the buttons and HTML basics related to this upgrade please post here.

================================

HI,

I received this email from PayPal..

Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017

In January, we'll be upgrading the PayPal integration you're using, Website Payments Standard, to:

• Let your customers check out in a click with One Touch™
  • Ensure your checkout is always mobile-optimised
  • Deliver a simpler checkout design that’s consistent across desktop and mobile

To ensure you can continue to process payments once these upgrades have taken place, please update your PayPal buttons by 18 January 2017.

What do you need to do?

We’ve identified problems with at least one of your PayPal buttons so please check all your existing buttons for invalid or incorrect data.

--

I've been testing my buttons to see if theres a problem, so far all working (still many to go)
If PayPal has identified a problem cant they also mention where and what it is since they discovered it?

I see the PayPal documentation but so far I cant see my mistake..

Any help or advice on this most welcome.. i.e further info on this email and how to troubleshoot this..

Anthony

Login to Me Too
284 REPLIES 284

MTS_Ciaran

@SergiiA - Just tested the links on my side, the issue is on the sandbox, not specifically your button. The button code and URL is fine and works perfectly on live 🙂

Login to Me Too

ramanan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciaran,

We have completed the implementation of the new updates suggested by PayPal regarding the new checkout process. Please review the shared the URL that we are currently using to redirect the user to complete the checkout.

Our Test Site http://stage.orbeesdev.com/events/rsvp.aspx?eid=3515&c=n

We are able to get new PayPal checkout page. But, sometimes it is failing and redirecting to the old check out page. Could you please check the redicting URL and let us know if any modifications required.

As you mentioned earlier, is it sandbox issue? If so, when could it be resolved? Because, the DEV server is using sandbox and the client wants to move the application to production server only if the testing from the DEV is completed successfully.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana

Login to Me Too

Willabeetoo
Contributor
Contributor

I've gotten several emails and messages about my Paypal button.  I only have one - it's on my website - playfulpawpetcare.com. I updated it, and when I click the button to check the landing page, it doesn't match either the new or the old Paypal payment page graphic, so I don't know what's going on.  I could use some help!

Login to Me Too

martintax
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there-

I've got another one of the "I'm seeing the new checkout page, but still getting the warning" situations.

I've attached the form variables. Can you determine from these (or from your internal logs) whether we're in compliance for the 3/29 cutoff?

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 11.48.30 AM.png

Login to Me Too

MTS_Aaron

Hi,

I cannot see the code attached. Can you PM me the code? I will have a look.

Aaron

Login to Me Too

rashie
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Aaron, @MTS_Ciaran - i cant seem t send you a PM. could you pls refer to my message above -

/t5/PayPal-HTML-Buttons/Update-your-PayPal-buttons-before-29th-March-2017/m-p/1172743#M25

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too

sbilodeau
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I tested thoroughly our payment pages, and I am seeing intermittent redirections to the old page.

I narrowed it down to a single parameter: the quantity we order, of a specific product.

For reference, it's this one:

item_number_1:ST-8.5x11-B-THREE
item_name_1:Blanket Full Of Love Personalized Book - Boy

Ordering 1 works:

quantity_1:1
weight_1:0.62

Ordering 10 works:

quantity_1:10
weight_1:6.2

Ordering 100 does not work (redirects to old page)

quantity_1:100
weight_1:62

Ordering 200 works!

quantity_1:200
weight_1:124

The 2 lines above are the only differences in the Form Data, apart from the invoice number.

And just now, I got it to successfully work with quantity 100. So, I am bluffed!

Our company account is under this email   finance - lumapix - com

May you please have a look and tell us why it intermittently redirects to the old page?

The site I used for testing is here:

http://starrytime.com/create-your-book/

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

nicolas_g
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like our client also received the warning  following a transaction where

Amount = 77.00

Even re-doing this transaction, we are not able to reproduce the problem and end up on the new checkout page.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Nacho

@sbilodeau: I can't find any issues caused by incorrect variables for that particular account.

Please note there may be other reasons, not related to incorrect variables, why you may still be intermittently redirected to the legacy page.

If you check the source code of the PayPal landing page, can you see any "correlationID" or "prop40" variables?

@nicolas_g: Can you send me a PM with the PayPal email of your client?

Login to Me Too

nicolas_g
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Nacho... New here, where can I PM you. In my profile menu says I do not have those privileges.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.