Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

================================

Updating thread title to reflect the new date of March 29th.

Please note that we have extended the go live date for this until March 29th. Any questions related to updating the buttons and HTML basics related to this upgrade please post here.

================================

HI,

I received this email from PayPal..

Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017

In January, we'll be upgrading the PayPal integration you're using, Website Payments Standard, to:

• Let your customers check out in a click with One Touch™
  • Ensure your checkout is always mobile-optimised
  • Deliver a simpler checkout design that’s consistent across desktop and mobile

To ensure you can continue to process payments once these upgrades have taken place, please update your PayPal buttons by 18 January 2017.

What do you need to do?

We’ve identified problems with at least one of your PayPal buttons so please check all your existing buttons for invalid or incorrect data.

--

I've been testing my buttons to see if theres a problem, so far all working (still many to go)
If PayPal has identified a problem cant they also mention where and what it is since they discovered it?

I see the PayPal documentation but so far I cant see my mistake..

Any help or advice on this most welcome.. i.e further info on this email and how to troubleshoot this..

Anthony

Login to Me Too
284 REPLIES 284

jjosserand
Contributor
Contributor

I have so many websites and paypal buttons that I have no idea which ones are suspect.

The information in the paypal notification in no way helps me identify the alleged sources.

Please help

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

@jjosserand - Can you post a link to your site please and we can try find some more identifiable information.

Login to Me Too

jjosserand
Contributor
Contributor

That's the problem! I own over 400 domains.

I have 4 paypal accounts, though the email about this came from only one of them (sales - josserand - com); however, that one is the one that has 3 pages of paypal buttons configured.

I have no idea how to tell you which site(s) have the problem.

The attachments link below this editor is dead so I cannot up load a spreadsheet listing the majority of my domain names.

I just looked at some of the buttons in that account -- the oldest one -- one in the middle (2nd of 3) page -- and one of my latest ones and now realize that there is NOTHING in the button config that says what site a button is used on.

I get a hint from the cancel and successful payment redirect fields, but in many cases that is not enough.

I am at a loss.

If, as the original paypal notification email says, paypal is currently receiving bad info from one or more of my sites' payment buttons, then paypal should know in the data what site or sites that is coming from.

I'm asking for that information.

The only thing I can say is the latest 2 transactions from one of my sites are these...

S-8L032849DK219643N

and

3Y0958655M815773A

...other than those, as far as I know, I've had no payments in a while.

I hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Thanks for the additional details, so I've gone through the logs on our side for that account (Im sticking with it because thats the email address we sent the notification to). 

What I can see is there was 2 payment attempts from mid December which triggered the fallback to the old flow, now I cant dig into the exact reasons since they are too old. But since it was 2 cases over a month ago I wouldnt worry, the reason for the notification is percisly due to these 2 cases, again its us being safe, rather than sorry. 

Login to Me Too

jjosserand
Contributor
Contributor

As I've said before, I have over 400 domains and 3 pages of buttons on paypal.

I need someone to look in your logs and get the identifying data to help me narrow down which buttons need update.

I know those logs exist or you wouldn't have enough information to tell me my buttons need update.

I've been in IT 46 years.

Please help.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

@jjosserand - Understand completely. Just to be clear, and I've checked the logs this morning for new examples, there has been no occurances since 13th December 2016, and we can see that this occured, which is why you'r on the list for communication. But, the lower layer of data needed to pull more specific details are not available for these attempts because they are to old. 

Login to Me Too

litrio
Contributor
Contributor

Moderator MTS_Ciaran

I hope this finds you feeloing great.

Thanks for being willing to take a look.

This is our non-profit all volunteer organization's site.

Once this issue occured and the user received the "Things don't appear to be working properly" message, it seems we might have a secondary issue with our Contact form 7. A lot of people seem to have thiese two issues.

The site is
http://www.litrio.org

The first form that worked perfectly and led to PayPal checkout is now having issues (it still sends email properly) and is no longer redirecting to PayPal checkout is here:
http://www.litrio.org/contribute/

Another form (it sends email properly) no longer redirecting to PayPal checkout is here:
http://www.litrio.org/about-us/join/

At first, the message “Things don’t seem to be working properly at the moment” appeared (from PayPal upon clicking submit on the form)

Then, the spinning arrows occurred when the user tried to start a transaction and check out.

I have upgraded wordpress and all plugins. Contact Form 7 worked great until recently when it stopped the redirect to PayPal checkout and we and the users experienced the spinning arrows each time the submit button is pressed.

wordpess version 4.8 

contact form 7 version 4.8

PayPal acount has been tested , is in good standing and works well. 

issue 1-no longer redirects to PayPal for checkout (this worked until PayPal made changes and warned that forms might have issues)

issue 2- spinning arrows when submit is pressed

Thank you very much.

removing dollar signs didn't seem to help in this case.

I will also paste the code from the form if you like and if the forum allows (I doubt it's allowed due to PayPal address".

Login to Me Too

rashie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

and hank you for youtr help.

We have a form at https://www.reishit.org/donations/paypal.asp which keeps generating that notification email.

But when processing the form, it seems to go to the new interface.

would appreciate it a quick checvk of the form

thank so much!

Login to Me Too

tonycookart
Contributor
Contributor

I find it interesting, that we are told that inclusion of $-signs in the button code is a problem. and yet the button creation dialog itself forces $-signs in the dropdown box.

I have edited the few buttons on my new pages (many more to come), and they appear to be reaching the new checkout.

It would seem I will need to manually edit out the $$ as I add new buttons.

Please look at:  http://tonycook.ca/gallery/Small-works/45028

Tony Cook
www.tonycook.ca

Login to Me Too

tlischko
Contributor
Contributor

I get the old checkout for all of my payments. Will it stop working after the 29th? My cart is integrated into my website and not from my Paypal account. I can't find anyone to help me with it.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=y1E0y7-t-MCKNSiZUy5vhapWHt-4jBSCTm4R0b3fB...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.