Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

================================

Updating thread title to reflect the new date of March 29th.

Please note that we have extended the go live date for this until March 29th. Any questions related to updating the buttons and HTML basics related to this upgrade please post here.

================================

HI,

I received this email from PayPal..

Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017

In January, we'll be upgrading the PayPal integration you're using, Website Payments Standard, to:

• Let your customers check out in a click with One Touch™
  • Ensure your checkout is always mobile-optimised
  • Deliver a simpler checkout design that’s consistent across desktop and mobile

To ensure you can continue to process payments once these upgrades have taken place, please update your PayPal buttons by 18 January 2017.

What do you need to do?

We’ve identified problems with at least one of your PayPal buttons so please check all your existing buttons for invalid or incorrect data.

--

I've been testing my buttons to see if theres a problem, so far all working (still many to go)
If PayPal has identified a problem cant they also mention where and what it is since they discovered it?

I see the PayPal documentation but so far I cant see my mistake..

Any help or advice on this most welcome.. i.e further info on this email and how to troubleshoot this..

Anthony

Login to Me Too
284 REPLIES 284

MTS_Ciaran

How do.... I've merged your question into this thread for the March 29th Update. 

Can you send over a link to the commissions website where I can test the button? I would suspect that if this is a site thats built by someone else like you mentioned, the error would be within their code. But I can check where the error is coming if you send me over the link 🙂

Login to Me Too

milinnd
Contributor
Contributor

I had been promoting the site Easy Traffic boost with link http://easytrafficboost.com/brandedsplash2.php?r=milinnd

When i click the Paypal button in this site it is leading to this check out page: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?token=2NG96963SK863724P&useraction=commit&mfid=1485362809249_1...

Are these links enough to check out the error or i can ask my downline in this site to mail me the link of his Paypals check out page which would have my id incorporated in the PayPal button he clicks.

Warm regards,

Milind Koppikar

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Thanks, so based on the logs, the account for the transaction/redirect link you posted is fine, there are no major issues that I can see that would cause an issue post March 29th changes. 

Login to Me Too

milinnd
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a ton for checking out.

Warm regards,

Milind Koppikar

Login to Me Too

jfk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello MTS_Ciaran, Thank you for the support you are providing on this forum.  I have done a fair amount of testing and have not been able to reporduce the issue.  It appears to be bringing up the new page each time.  Would it be possible to check the logs to see if there are any fallbacks?  Dates or item numbers could be helpful.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Hi @jfk,

I checked the logs and found a fair few examples, here's one from the 24th Jan, they all seem to be related to the same problem though, the "$" symbol in the amount value being passed over to us. 

item_name=Florida Cosmetology Theory and Clinical Exam Preparation
item_number=109
amount=$39.00
no_shipping=1
no_note=1
currency_code=USD
lc=US
custom=28407

Login to Me Too

jfk
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you - the data you provided helped my identify a condition I didn't test.  Much appreciated!

Login to Me Too

GVillage
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @MTS_Ciaran -- we've been getting the message:

"Important: Action Required

Your business may be unable to continue processing payments with PayPal Payments Standard (also called Website Payments Standard or HTML buttons) because you haven’t made a required update to your integration.

Your integration is passing invalid or incorrect date to PayPal in one or more of your payment buttons. To ensure you can continued processing payments, please update your integration by March 28, 2017."

only at the top of our PayPal account page when we log in to PayPal. I've tested our payment page and it is going to the new PayPal checkout as per https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ2067

We don't pass any date info at all in our solution. Can you see logs indicating what the system is complaining about?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

@GVillage

Ive gone through the logs and found one from the 7th January, the issue with this one was that the amount valie included a comma e.g. amount=1,188.70

The comma will trigger an issue post the March 29th deadline. only numerical and decimal values will be allowed. 

Login to Me Too

GVillage
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I was using a decimalformat (that includes comma thousands separators) instead of a numberformat (that doesn't use commas). I have updated our code.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.