Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

================================

Updating thread title to reflect the new date of March 29th.

Please note that we have extended the go live date for this until March 29th. Any questions related to updating the buttons and HTML basics related to this upgrade please post here.

================================

HI,

I received this email from PayPal..

Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017

In January, we'll be upgrading the PayPal integration you're using, Website Payments Standard, to:

• Let your customers check out in a click with One Touch™
  • Ensure your checkout is always mobile-optimised
  • Deliver a simpler checkout design that’s consistent across desktop and mobile

To ensure you can continue to process payments once these upgrades have taken place, please update your PayPal buttons by 18 January 2017.

What do you need to do?

We’ve identified problems with at least one of your PayPal buttons so please check all your existing buttons for invalid or incorrect data.

--

I've been testing my buttons to see if theres a problem, so far all working (still many to go)
If PayPal has identified a problem cant they also mention where and what it is since they discovered it?

I see the PayPal documentation but so far I cant see my mistake..

Any help or advice on this most welcome.. i.e further info on this email and how to troubleshoot this..

Anthony

Login to Me Too
284 REPLIES 284

MTS_Ciaran

PM on the way 😉

Login to Me Too

spocky12

Hi,

We have received the same email as many, telling us that we need to fix one of our buttons (we only have one, which is a standard hosted "buy now" button, which only posts 3 variables : cmd, hosted_button_id and custom).

However, we couldn't find out what was incorrect. Moreover, the button redirects to the new Hermes page. Shoud we conclude that it will just work fine despite the email warning ?

@MTS_Ciaran could you please throw a look at our page ? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

There is an issue with that button I'm afraid, in the hosted button code there is a variable which needs to be modified:

"amount notify_url=http://genimee.com/paypal/ipn"

You need to remove the "amount" from the above as the correct name is "notify_url", Can you amend this in the button factory through the PayPal account. 

Login to Me Too

spocky12

Thank you @MTS_Ciaran for your fast reply. I don't know why this "amount" keyword has been added there, but it's now fixed !

Login to Me Too

Pantom
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for double post:

Thanks a lot for your help,

but I am quite confused, only JP got a warning, and then apparently all was ok, and now is not (only in Chrome it doesn't work).

With this new information you have now, could you please be kind and re-test all the stores? So I would know what and where to fix.

Thanks again

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

No problem at all. 

So based on what I can see myself from the tests I'm unable to see the classic flow, I only get the new checkout flow. But for the example you sent over from the classic flow the variables "country" and "night_phone_b" where causing the issue. The "bad" variable and values caused a timeout during the login page loading and resulted in a fallback to the classic page. 

Login to Me Too

Pantom
Contributor
Contributor

Hm, as you saw in our shop, we don't require those input from user, what would be the easiest way to solve the problem?

can I PM you the variables?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Sure PM away. It would mean digging into your code to see where they are getting added into the button code. 

Login to Me Too

RedlineGoods

Hi Ciaran,

Could you please be so kind to test my sites also?

I am getting the new (hermes) flow on both so I *THINK* I am fine, however I'm not sure WHY PayPal would have emailed me that some buttons need work?

www.redlinegoods.com

www.snaprest.com

Could you please get back to me on this?

Have a great day,
Maciek

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Looks good, but one little thing.... just remove the "currency" variable from the HTML code. The currency is already being set using the "currency_code" variable so "currency" is not needed as well. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.