Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

================================

Updating thread title to reflect the new date of March 29th.

Please note that we have extended the go live date for this until March 29th. Any questions related to updating the buttons and HTML basics related to this upgrade please post here.

================================

HI,

I received this email from PayPal..

Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017

In January, we'll be upgrading the PayPal integration you're using, Website Payments Standard, to:

• Let your customers check out in a click with One Touch™
  • Ensure your checkout is always mobile-optimised
  • Deliver a simpler checkout design that’s consistent across desktop and mobile

To ensure you can continue to process payments once these upgrades have taken place, please update your PayPal buttons by 18 January 2017.

What do you need to do?

We’ve identified problems with at least one of your PayPal buttons so please check all your existing buttons for invalid or incorrect data.

--

I've been testing my buttons to see if theres a problem, so far all working (still many to go)
If PayPal has identified a problem cant they also mention where and what it is since they discovered it?

I see the PayPal documentation but so far I cant see my mistake..

Any help or advice on this most welcome.. i.e further info on this email and how to troubleshoot this..

Anthony

Login to Me Too
284 REPLIES 284

MTS_Ciaran

So this one specifically looks to have gone back to the legacy flow due to inconsistent parameters. The two variables have flags raised:

"country" - Value was blank

"night_phone_b" - Value was passed on its own, blank. This is 1 of three variables, if passing 1, the others need to be passed

Login to Me Too

Pantom
Contributor
Contributor

I see.

But, previously you told me for you all works good?

Could you please be kind and point me a bit more precisely, how is it for some browsers/users ok and some not?

Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

So when I went through the checkout it worked fine, and I couldnt see any info in our logs related to fallbacks, but the specific example you shared above definitely did fallback.

Based on the variables that caused the fallback, its possible that they are being populated correctly or not being passed at all in the tests I carried out on the site, but in this case, the reason for the fallback to the legacy checkout was due to the incorrect variables. Given the type of variables (user input) it's more than likely that users are not setting the data correctly during the checkout. 

Login to Me Too

GalantnostS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi MTS_Ciaran, would you mind helping me on this as well? On http://ginzahub.com/ we have 4 paypal buttons and 4 more in the Japanese version, but they are all button codes directly copied from Paypal's button tool. I also don't see any variable fields in them except the usual 'cmd' and 'hosted_button_id"...

When clicking on the buttons, it seems that the subcribe button in the middle goes to the classic layout while the others go to the enhanced version...

Your help would be greatly appreciated...!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

How do....

The subscription flow is not yet on the new checkout experience so classic will remain for everyone for the time being, its coming but not ready yet. The other buttons look good as you mentioned. 

Login to Me Too

GalantnostS
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Pantom
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot for your help,

but I am quite confused, only JP got a warning, and then apparently all was ok, and now is not (only in Chrome it doesn't work).

With this new information you have now, could you please be kind and re-test all the stores? So I would know what and where to fix.

Thanks again

Login to Me Too

hareslade
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciaran

we were told by paypal that our existing site button isn't ok for jan 18th, but they didn't tell us which parts might be wrong.  Can i send you a user somehow, to log in so you can see the button process? thanks

we have the paypal express gateway being made by a developer but we're worried we might miss the january deadline on this!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran
Sure, just post a link to your site and I'll test it out.
Login to Me Too

hareslade
Contributor
Contributor

hi. i need to send you link and a registered user, how can i do this securely, ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.