Upcoming Change to PayPal Subscriptions

MTS_Ciaran

PayPal is making changes to the way Subscriptions are created, managed, and displayed. For additional information, see our article Why am I seeing changes to how Subscriptions are reflected?

Login to Me Too
98 REPLIES 98

Rob-sortitoutsi
Contributor
Contributor
How are you meant to do a batch update of the max failed payments unless you have the mappings from S to I? Can you run the update using the S- ID's?
Login to Me Too

S_S_S
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to update the 'max failed payments' field for all subscriptions so  simply downloaded the CSV file with all active subs and used the the 'I-...' numbers in there, I don't need a mapping for that.

I don't need a mapping anyway, since we always stored our own customer ID in the custom info field and that's passed along. But I guess we were historically lucky to make that decision.

Login to Me Too

swinny
Contributor
Contributor

another "bug"..users who pay their subscription installment with an e-check payment and days later if the payment fails on the banks end, paypal simply sends the same email that they send for every other failed rebilling, profile suspended with no indication that the payment was successful first, but later failed due to being denied by the bank.  it is not feasible to spot check every profile suspended email to make sure it is not because of a failed echeck which means this can be overlooked by the merchant and access not removed manually.  The old subscription system would send an email clearly stating "echeck payment failed"

Login to Me Too

Rob-sortitoutsi
Contributor
Contributor

So I finally got an email with my S- to I- mappings and it just said:

The S- to I-  subscription matching  report has been attached.

Kind Regards

Pablo
PayPal MTS
ref:_00D30LaY._5002E1H6mAk:ref

But it didn't include an attachment!!!

I've replied to the email but heard nothing back yet.

Login to Me Too

not_here

@Rob-sortitoutsi - Can you please tell me what your ticket number was? It should be an 8 digit number and I could check on it for you.

Thanks,
Christina 

Login to Me Too

Rob-sortitoutsi
Contributor
Contributor

Ticket number is "04631726".

By logging into paypal-support.com I could see there was an additional reply that didn't come through via email.

But still no attachments.

Login to Me Too

not_here

Thank you @Rob-sortitoutsi - I'm checking into this and hope to have an answer asap. 

Christina 

Login to Me Too

not_here

We've made some changes, can you check again @Rob-sortitoutsi for the attachment? Thank you

Login to Me Too

Rob-sortitoutsi
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you that has worked now.

While i'm obviously really annoyed at how badly this has all been handled I appreciate your activity and helpfulness in this thread @not_here 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.