Two websites that can share Paypal account

thandav
Contributor
Contributor

I currently run a website that uses Paypal (in addition to Stripe) to receive payments.

I have linked the Paypal account to my company’s business account (my company is an S Corp with a FEIN). I now want to start accepting Paypal at a new website (under development).

Stripe configuration was easy – I was able to create a new sub-account, and use it to link to existing bank account and FEIN, and this allows me to use a new statement descriptor and website URL.

Despite extensive research I wasn’t able to find any easy way to do this in Paypal.  In nutshell I want to have a new Pyapal sub account that uses the same FEIN and bank account – but uses a new website URL and descriptor (so-called company name).  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
All you need to do is setup the new PayPal account with a different email address. You can add the same business info to it but give it a separate statement name, etc. in the account profile.

Alternatively, you could use a single account with Express Checkout APIs integrated, in which you can specify things like Brand Name, CC statement name, service phone number, etc. in the API request. This would allow you to use a single account, but have different values for these things.

Either way would be fine. Just a matter of whether you have that second option or not with your integration

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.