Trying to get PayPal to return values after calling Add to Cart button from my Wordpress PHP page

oldsportbiker1
New Community Member

I administer a High School Reunion site and we use PayPal to accept reunion ticket orders. While I've been successful in getting most of the payment processing and subsequent reporting done, I'd really like to get some variable values , (in the form of $value1=$_GET['value1'];) , when the classmate clicks on the "Continue Shopping" link on the PayPal Cart page. I have been successful in getting constant values returned by defining them on the button setup page, (advanced options), but haven't figured out how to get variable values passed back. For example, in step 3 of button setup ,"Add Advanced Variables", I added "shopping_url=https://www.xxxxxxx.com/online-registration-and-donation-payment?item=tickets". When the user clicks "Continue Shopping" and PayPal returns to my site, I'm able to do a $item =$_GET['item']; and get back the value "tickets". However I'd like to pass a variable value to PayPal but don't know how to define it in the Step 3 "Advanced Variables" .

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.