Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

LauraRichards
New Community Member

When someone tries to purchase from my website and proceeds to payment it comes up with error message @Things don't appear to be working at the moment, please try again later.   I haven't made any alterations and it's just happened all of a sudden, I had a sale come in and then a pending payment and the customer emailed me to let me know.  I tried for myself and am getting the same error.  What's happened and how can I rectify it.  I'm losing sales.  
Many thanks

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

yaamitonmoy
New Community Member

My customer unable to pay via Paypal it says an error message "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later”. But everything is totally fine. After the last time I was contacting is was solved for one moment where I have seen an order with PayPal. But today it's again got the same error and customers are unable to pay via PayPal.

Here is the error screenshot https://prnt.sc/pwpcix 

The problem is happening after someone has redirected to express checkout and after login it's says this error.

My sites have hosted in Shopify and they said everything is okay from their side. Please help me my customers are unable to pay and I am losing a lot of money. I have already contacted Paypal about this issue then after it was solved for a moment but after that, this problem appears again Today.Please help me. I am really struggling with this issue.

Login to Me Too

dengesg
Contributor
Contributor

@yaamitonmoy  Hi! I'm having the same problem. How did Paypal resolve this issue the first time you contacted them? I emailed them and still no reply. I'm also struggling with this problem. 

Login to Me Too

not_here

@LauraRichards what is your website address?

Also, this error message can be displayed for many reasons. Do you have a screenshot or can you provide the full URL when you get this error message? 

Christina 

Login to Me Too

dengesg
Contributor
Contributor

@not_here  Hi! I'm having the same issue. I need help to fix this. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @dengesg,

This issue could be for numerous reasons. Can you provide your website address, the URL when you receive the error message, and/or any identifier that can help us to pinpoint the specific issue? 

Thanks, 

Christina

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Login to Me Too

dengesg
Contributor
Contributor

@not_here  also the Shipping and Billing address is different (Country and Person) because I was trying to test buy from my store and going to send it to someone. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @dengesg,

Below are some typical reasons why you'd see this error message:

• The email address on file with the shopping cart is not confirmed or associated with your PayPal Account
  • The merchant is testing their own checkout, which makes it appear that the merchant is paying themselves
  • There is a special character in the description 

If you find that after validating these common issues that your buyers still encounter this problem, please submit a ticket with our Merchant Technical Support teams to investigate further. 

Thanks,

Christina 

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Login to Me Too

Faithinyou
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. And I'm unable to get any support on the matter. All I need Is to confirm a payment for someone and my activity shows nothing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.