Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

janburg
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using WooCommerce with the AngellEye plugin for Paypal.

Two issues: 1, when I use Paypal Express only, there is no proceed to checkout button on the shopping cart page. When I add in PayPal Standard, the button is there, but there is the warning not to use Standard with Express.

and 2, with Standard checkout activated, after I click on the Proceed to PayPal button, I get this error message: Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later. I don't know where to go from here to figure this out.

In my research it appears there may be an error with the account number being restricted. How do I fix that? I have read the support page https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ2067 but that does not seem to help my situation at all. I don't even get INTO the PayPal windows before I get the error message.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

svgsalon
New Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue, though only for some transactions, not all.  I started having these issues about two weeks ago now.

Login to Me Too

Jenwebdev

I've got the same problem except with Contact Form 7 and Paypal Payments Pro. I can make purchases just fine, and my client received a lot of successful payments last week. So it's not the plugins or form configuration.

But now they are testing and getting the "Things don't appear to be working at the moment" error, yet when I try to make a purchase it goes through successfully. Why is one person getting the error (on 2 different CC's) when well over 100 people didn't?

The biggest problem is that it's the client getting the error, so now they don't trust the forms to work - meaning I'm stuck trying to solve a problem that I am unable to replicate.

Login to Me Too

belinda1
Contributor
Contributor

This has been happening on my website for months, it's pretty much destroyed my business.  When I first contacted Paypal about it they basically said not our problem.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Tiffany

If you are still experiencing this issue, please reply with the URL from the error page. It contains in it a log ID we can use to pull the logs and find what variable is causing the error.

Login to Me Too

SusanEriksson
New Community Member

We're experiencing the same issue.

Here is the URL from the page:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/error?flowlogging_id=c851685348e58&code=EWP_SETTINGS

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.