Stop scamming us: We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time.

blabla66
Contributor
Contributor

1) This needs to stop. You are blocking me from spending my money. I searched this term and there's hundreds of other people getting this error since years ago - with no answer or fix!

I have a business, verified account since 5 years ago.

I was buying assets on Epic's unrealengine.com/marketplace. A billion dollar company.

I used Paypal to purchase on their website ~5 times without hassle yesterday, 3 today! In the same browser, same IP. And I kept refreshing my Paypal tab to stay signed in. And before purchase, their website verifies it's me (after I signed in Paypal), by asking my Address, which I did ~9 times that worked.

Yet suddenly you block me for a $17 purchase after I've already spent $5 and $30. These are game assets and I cannot buy in bulk.

Whatever you are doing to block my transaction is criminal and harassing, because there is a sale that ends at midnight. You are preventing me from using my money, so my cost increases.

Is your AI doing this because of VPN or adblocker? I cannot control my IP change, but I believe it did not change in the 7 mins that you started blocking my purchases using my money. And there was no issue yesterday when I was using the same VPN and browser.

2) You also did the phone block at login today (which I reported on last year). Yesterday I signed in fine. But today when I logged in with my pass, you do your demand for my phone number "to check" it's me.  I type in my number on YOUR record. And you say ERROR. That is a scam, I cant login. It is scary because it's nighttime and I cant contact anyone if your crazy AI locks my account.

But I closed the window and logged in again. And it suddenly worked, and I made a purchase. Stop this buggy AI block script! It does not work.

3) Stop begging me to accept advertiser cookies!!! You are tricking me and annoying with a big banner at the bottom. I logged in my account. But the banner was still there.

I clicked edit, and I already accept essential cookies (needed for login and to detect when I'm signed in at other sites). Thus you were harassing me with the banner covering my screen - to trick me to accept ads to give you money, when you are denying customers service. It is not legal to do that.

You are required by law in my country to have an X button/Reject, and then go away, do not ask me again when I sign in next time.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

blabla66
Contributor
Contributor

Look: I have no way to spend my money before a sale ends, because of your crazy AI.

I tried to contact support:

All our agents are currently offline. Please try again during business hours.

They will return on Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 5:00 AM ...

I checked my account status: there are no limits on my account, and I have funds. This is your bad AI. I even signed in on my real IP and refreshed the vendor website that worked 9 times. You're declining my purchase.

You didn't even send a txt message to check it's me, before blocking my transaction (if it was "suspicious" or whatever your AI is accusing me of without telling me). So this is on you for bad service. What's the point of you forcing us to give our phone number if you're not going to use my number on record to check it's me? You're denying my money without cause.

Login to Me Too

blabla66
Contributor
Contributor

Next day update, phone lines are open but:

Paypal is still refusing to allow me to use my money. And refusing to give me customer service.

I did the chat route, and now they refuse to give me an option to get a call from them, as they did last year.

Would you like to send this conversation to a customer support agent? We typically respond within a few hours.

So now it takes hours to get customer support? That is illegal.  Turn down your buggy AI and let us use our money.

Login to Me Too

blabla66
Contributor
Contributor

Call update:

I found another way to get a call code. I called and had to wait for ~30 minutes, after answering the bot questions for what my call is about.

I verified it's me and again repeated the problem. The man said he has to transfer me to another department and one moment (why if I already answered the bot - what the call was about?). Someone hung up. No call back. No emails from a rep. Nothing.

So is that all Paypal service is in 2022? Block your transactions without telling you WHY - on a site that worked ~7 mins prior on same device, and then hang up the phone, and no answers?

Someone from corporate needs to answer this thread, because the issues I complained about have been happening more than a year. And your delay costs me money (lost sales, time, business).

Also, I tried the transaction again (next day): The vendor website redirected to Paypal (after I verified my info), and the Paypal screen says they recognize my device, that it's me.

But the next redirect gives the fail message with NO REASON STATED.

Paypal: We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method.

Thus the AI is programmed to deny customers the ability to use their money (theft), without giving a reason, as required by law. This seems like a scam because the "bug" has not been fixed for years: AI programmed to block ~10% of customer transactions - to keep more money in Paypal's funds.

Login to Me Too

blabla66
Contributor
Contributor

Update: still no reply from email. This is a lie: "We typically respond within a few hours."

They also blocked me from doing business on another website that uses Paypal checkout. No reason given for denial of service:

Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

This is criminal corporate theft.

My day is being wasted because a mega corp is denying my ability to use my business account that has been verified for years. And it's not just me, this has happened to many customers.

Even your website is buggy. I click I'm not a robot. It thinks then says it captcha failed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.