Prevent users from closing redirect page with auto-return.

stevemanatt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using PDT with auto-return as well as IPN, but the issue I'm having is that people are closing the payment page before being sent back to my page so I can process the payment details. Is there a way to send the user immediately back to the auto-return page without the 5-10 second delay?

My IPN page also isn't working despite being able to append the IPN message from history directly to the IPN listener's URL. Not sure how to troubleshoot this as the troubleshooting tool in the sandbox doesn't seem to work at all.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jjazzboss
Contributor
Contributor

> Is there a way to send the user immediately back to the auto-return page without the 5-10 second delay?

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution ?

I found this info in StackOverflow and in the Paypal doc: "Please note that if both the "auto return" and "account optional" features are turned on, customers who don't log in to PayPal can choose to go back to your website after checkout, but aren’t returned automatically."

"Account optional" lets users pay/donate without having to login to paypal. So do you also have the same issue when buyer is logged in ?

Login to Me Too

IIsmbw11
Contributor
Contributor
I need your assist about improving my ideas on your services
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.