Pre-authorization payments - how can integrate it in payment button?

digitaladvice
New Community Member

Hi, i want to add a payment button on my site to allow users to purchase a service. When purchasing a service, it must not debit the money on the card, but block the money on the card (pre-authorization). The seller must then accept the transaction.

How can i do?  I am creating the payment button from this link:

https://www.paypal.com/buttons/smart?flowloggingId=02481a319a372

Thanks in advance, regards

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @digitaladvice ,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

To achieve your business requirement and customize the Checkout experience, I would suggest to please contact your website developer or the support of the third party platform eCommerce to pass the "intent" value as "AUTHORIZE" in your "Create Order" API call to PayPal system. 

intent  : The intent to either capture payment immediately or authorize a payment for an order after order creation.

The possible values are:

• CAPTURE. The merchant intends to capture payment immediately after the customer makes a payment.
  • AUTHORIZE. The merchant intends to authorize a payment and place funds on hold after the customer makes a payment. Authorized payments are best captured within three days of authorization but are available to capture for up to 29 days. After the three-day honor period, the original authorized payment expires and you must re-authorize the payment. You must make a separate request to capture payments on demand. This intent is not supported when you have more than one `purchase_unit` within your order. 

Authorize a payment and capture funds later : https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/standard/customize/authorization/

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.