Pending transaction

Mswooten16
Contributor
Contributor
It's telling me I made a transaction at 4:31 am I'm clearly at home in bed and I really need help about how to handle this ? Please anything helps
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mswooten16

Does the transaction actually SHOW in your paypal account transaction history?

Log on NORMALLY and not via any link in that email to check.

If not then it may well be a spoof.

If its a spoof, DO NOT USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/ text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email to ''cancel'' the transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mswooten16
Contributor
Contributor
It's from CRDRPT.COM which I googled and seems to be a scam but how do I go about fixing it . I can't afford to loose a penny let alone 39.90 . PLEASE HELP
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mswooten16

Well if you actually answer the question that I asked you at the top of my post then i may be able to help.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mswooten16
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it shows up as a pending transaction
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mswooten16

Pending / unclaimed?

Pending / unclaimed with a cancel option?

Pending awaiting authorisation?

Also check its not in this list  >>>

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mswooten16
Contributor
Contributor
I've worked it out thanks so much for your help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.