Paypal vs Woo commerce ineligible for fraud protection - some help please?

nexgraphics
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I would appreciate any help here as my client and I are literally pulling hair out trying to figure this out.   

September 15th- something changed, and we did not make any changes or touch anything on our end.   We are using paypal merchant account, along with WOo commerce shopping cart.  Plugin is  "Woocommerce Paypal Payments".

PRE SEPT 15th Everything worked fine, all orders went into PAYPAL with no issues.  Now I need to mention my client pays PAYPAL extra for their "chargeback protection", in which transactions will show up with that message in the back end if its ok to send.
HOWEVER as of that date I mentioned above, SOMETHING happened, and we cannot figure out why, ANY orders that are paid through paypal CREDIT CARDS, utilizing paypal merchant, (not a paypal account) the SHIP ADDRESS does NOT get brought into PAYPAL, and the message ELIGIBLE no longer shows up. Everything is fine in the WOO side, we see both billing and shipping, but WHY is it NOT sending the data over?

Here was their response (paypal) - what does this even mean, I dont see anything like this in woo commerce? 

"We reviewed transaction "111111111" this did go through an unbranded method. I checked with the team that handles the Orders API and was told that the lack of shipping address retention in PayPal is expected. From a technical perspective, there is no error here. As a result, there is nothing I can do to assist you further.
To avoid this lack of address, you will need to disable unbranded card payments via your third-party checkout configuration. It looks like you are using a WooCommerce checkout integration so they would be the best point of contact for guidance."

Thanks for any and all help!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.