Paypal link in Google Forms and return to Google from Paypal

MHer24
New Community Member

I am using paypal email link in a google registration form. Does anybody know how to make it so the participants return to google form after completing a transaction in paypal? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MTS_Jennifer

If you are using the PayPal Standard Payment Buttons you can turn on Auto Return in your PayPal Account, and Reference the Google Forms URL that you would like your buyers to return.

Login to Me Too

LisaJill
New Community Member

We want to create a Google Form with a link to PayPal that folks go to when they finish the Google Form.  We want the Google sheet to indicate that they have paid in PayPal.  Is this possible? 

Login to Me Too

micampos
Contributor
Contributor
In addition to returning to the Google Form, is it possible to have the option to send the PayPal Transaction ID to the Google Form so that it can be recorded as part of the form response?
Login to Me Too

tdeck10
Contributor
Contributor

I recently wanted this exact thing, and (since I'm an engineer) built something to make it happen. You can use this tool to add a payment question to your google forms with a unique link. When the buyer follows that link and makes a payment, they'll get a receipt code that includes the PayPal transaction ID. They then have to copy a valid receipt code into your form before they can submit. To my knowledge mine is the only solution of its kind for Google Forms, particularly how it validates responses so you don't have to try to match up payments later.

If you give it a try let me know what you think!

Login to Me Too

may192
Contributor
Contributor

The "Payable Forms" Add-On which is in the Google Workspace Marketplace and lets you connect to PayPal and will automatically calculate payment, create a checkout for the user, and update the connected Google Sheet with the payment status.

This is a link to the Add-ON for Google Forms:
https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/payable_forms/353824655747

This is a link to a tutorial video on YouTube where they made a registration form sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut0kbjEvQIQ

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.