Paypal fraud loophole corvid 19 scam

bonzaitr33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I have been a Paypal user since 2009 and my account has always been up to date. In February 2020 I sold an LCD computer monitor on eBay and the buyer was a new member which made me weary but he paid me straight away so I sent the item tracked and insured. As soon as the item arrived with the buyer he put a dispute in with eBay and said not as described? Alarm bells started ringing for me because the item was like new. Because of the way eBay works the buyer then sent the item back to us (so we thought) and when we received the box the LCD screen had gone and old clothes were put in the box.

I told eBay about this and sent pictures to prove this guy was a scammer and when eBay looked into it they immediately closed the case and gave me my money back (which was on hold)

That was in February, we are now in MAY and yesterday for some reason Paypal have taken the money for the LCD screen again, my account is now negative and unless I restore the amount I cannot use it.

This is fraud and a scam and due to corvid 19 restrictions I cannot contact Paypal, nor when I use online messages do Paypal get back to me.

I am absolutely disgusted Paypal have treated me like this, this case was resolved in May.

Can anybody advise me what to do because I will be forced to inform my bank to cancel all Paypal transactions if I cannot get an answer in 24 hrs?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bonzaitr33 

Has the buyer raised a paypal dispute OR did they raise a chargeback via their card issuer?

Only paypal does not just take the money for no reason.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bonzaitr33
Contributor
Contributor

I honestly do not know, I cannot get hold of anyone, how can I check this?

I cannot see anything on eBay, and I just got a message from Paypal yesterday saying my account was now in negative balance and until I restore it I cannot use my account? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bonzaitr33 

If it was a paypal dispute then it would not show on ebay, have you checked the resolution centre in your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.