Paypal checkout using only Paypal account for payment.

TerDeb01
New Community Member

I am building a web site to sell some items.   I have it working but when I hit the "View Cart" button and checkout or when I hit the "Add to Cart"

button and then decide to checkout, I want to remove the "Pay without a PayPal account".  I do not want buyers to use a credit card to check out.

I only want them to check out using a PayPal account.

How do I modify these button screens to remove this "Pay without a PayPal account" option ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

You cannot prevent buyers from paying with a credit card regardless of what PayPal product you are using.  If the buyer intends to use their PayPal account to complete the purchase, they can choose their method of payment, be it a credit card, bank account or PayPal balance.  For example, you could use PayPal Express - this product allows the Customer to bypass guest checkout pages to avoid entering billing and shipping information by taking them directly to their PayPal account but, again, the individual can select their payment source.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I don't think @Quandary understood what you were asking here. What you are referring to is called Guest Checkout, which is what allows people to pay using a credit card outside of a PayPal account. You can disable this by turning OFF the "PayPal Account Optional" setting in your PayPal account profile.

1. Log in to your account.
2. Click on the Profile link at the top, right, and choose Profile and Settings.
3. On the left, choose My Selling Tools.
4. Next to Website Preference, click the Update link.
5. Scroll down to the PayPal Account Optional section and make sure this is set to Off.

Here is a screenshot of the setting you are looking for: https://snag.gy/LP5q0E.jpg

With that setting turned OFF then people will be required to log in to a PayPal account in order to pay. From there, as @Quandary said, they would then have the option to choose their funding source from their PayPal wallet, and this could be a credit card. Again, though, it will force them to create an account / login to complete checkout.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.