Paypal button onClick callback is being called twice.

iamam
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm using Smart Payment Buttons. I have added an onClick callback for paypal button to be able to validate my internal form before proceeding to actual payment. Everything worked fine for some time, but last week I noticed a strange issue. When the user clicks on the paypal button for the first time paypal lib actually triggers my callback two times in a row, and callback sends requests to my server. First is ok but second fails for irrelevant reasons, but this leads to validation failure and paypal popup closing. If I click on the paypal button again(without refreshing the checkout page) the callback gets triggered once and everything works fine, but if I refresh the page again this callback duplication repeats. 

I thought maybe I;ve done something wrong due to button integration, but I've checked this on official online sandbox and I faced completely the same behavior here.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

OnlyForGoods
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, did you find any solution or workaround for this event dublication issue on the PayPal button? I am facing the same issue with the createOrder() callback beeing called twice.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.