Paypal button integration: Users pays user

iFlash
Contributor
Contributor

EDIT: Just realized it is the wrong part of the Forum but I can neither delete it nor move it. Hope you can still help me:

I am building a market place where users (buyers) buy from other users (sellers). If a seller offers PayPal as a payment option, I want to include a checkout button where the buyer directly pays the seller using PayPal via a link like:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?...

Within the parameters of this url would be the seller's PayPal address (parameter 'business') along other necessary parameters.

So the payment would go directly to the seller rather than funneling it through my own account and then sending it to the seller which would result in unnecessary fees because of the second transaction.

My question is: Paypal's developer guide says that you need a PayPal business account in order to have a payment button. But I see on pages like discogs.com that they do it exactly the way I want to do it. Do all of their users have PayPal business accounts (which I doubt) or am I reading the developer's guide of PayPal wrong?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Andre

Hi, a Business account is the best way to go if you run a business. A premier or personal account can still receive payments with the HTML standard buttons but as they are not "designed" for a busy business there could be limitation if the received payments are quite high.

Login to Me Too

iFlash
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it does not answer the question. It is not about MY paypal account but the users's account. But I did some testing now and it is possible to have a Paypal button on my marketplace that has the Paypal address of the USER (parameter business=<removed>) to have the money for the purchase directly sent to the user's account instead of funneling it through the marketplace.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.