Paypal Standard checkout stopped working

belinda1
Contributor
Contributor

I have had Paypal Standard on my online store for years.  Several months ago it just stopped working.  Nothing was changed on my website but none of my customers can get a payment to go through, they get an error page with the paypal logo and text saying: 'We're sorry, things don't appear to be working right now. Please try again later.'
The URL of this error msg is: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/error?flowlogging_id=2d335025711d&code=BAD_INPUT_ERROR&m...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Paypal as a payment option, I have checked all of the info is correct, nothing has worked.  Pretty close to smashing the computer, crying, and setting it all on fire.  Please help!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Andre

Hi, I checked the specific error from your link and it results in:

field "item_list.items[0].sku" Must not be blank

This is the error from our logs, looks like some of the item fields are passed blank. If is not the case can you share the html button code that returns the error, or suggest the URL where I can find the button and run a test?

Login to Me Too

belinda1
Contributor
Contributor

There is no button.  All the items are successfully added to the cart.  There are no fields being left blank that haven't always been left blank (ie irrelevant ones like fax no or surplus address lines).  It is when the payment is supposed to be processed that this message appears. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi, I understand, how can I reproduce the error? I need to reproduce it to try to understand the reason for that. Usually this error is returned for some variable's value but to be sure I need to reproduce the error, if you can suggest the steps to reproduce it I will run a test.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi belinda1, I checked your website (found the link in another post: happierpets.com.au) and I see you have integrated ExpressCheckout, not payment standard like the error BAD_INPUT_ERROR would suggest, did you change the PayPal integration? I can run a test in your website if you can let me know the steps to reproduce the error. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.