Paypal PDT redirect dose not work?

Jouz-ru
Contributor
Contributor

I have set Auto return to ON, and have set the back url link ,the Payment data transfer had been set ON.  but I can't receive any information from Paypal of PDT.   on the other hand , the IPN function are all good. Could you help me? 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Are you working with standard payment buttons? Can you provide a copy of the HTML button you're working with?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Jouz-ru
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I integrated paypal with standard payment button,  the sample of button link like as this:    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8DM7DDUYFQ6HW&HOSTEDBUTTONID=8D...

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
This is a hosted button. Are you doing anything specific with the "return" and "rm" parameters under the Advanced section of the button builder?

Login to Me Too

Jouz-ru
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think I specified these parameters.By the way, where to check the settings of these parameters?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

You can see all of the variables and what you can do with them here.

Login to Me Too

Jouz-ru
Contributor
Contributor

I am pretty sure, I have not set these two parameters.I suddenly found out that my other accounts also had this problem from October 24th(UTC). All the PDT  were not redirected back. What adjustments did Paypal make?

Login to Me Too

lsfpub
Contributor
Contributor

Have had the same problem for the last 4 days and reported it to PayPal Tech Support who finally replied to say the 'return to site' function not working is  a known issue which supposedly they are working on to provide a fix.

Login to Me Too

zenzj
Contributor
Contributor

I was encountering the same situation. Finally, I figure out that the reason is because when creating the Button,
I check these custom URL. This will overwrite your setting at PDT. 

Note: The hell Paypal doesn't tell you this !!! It take my several hours of trial and error to come to this.

pdt-step3-btn.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.