Paypal Express Checkout-error when user clicks on button in shopping cart

JohnBrennan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

We have Paypal Express as a payment option in our shopping cart-https://www.brennancateringsupplies.ie/

For the last couple of weeks, when a user chooses the Paypal Express option in the shopping cart, they receive an error message saying

Error: Paypal response. 

Paypal Express Error Message.png

Our cart is with XCART who have not yet responded to our issue.  The last successful transaction was on 29 January 2018.

Is there anything I can do to amend this problem?

Thank you

John Brennan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi, I ran a test on your website and I can reproduce the error. When the error is returned PayPal is not called at all but we are on your server/website on this page:

/payment/ps_paypal_pro.php?mode=express&payment_id=20&x=37&y=15

Also in our logs for your account I can't find any error or call towards PayPal. I guess something in your module/plugin is not calling PayPal correctly. Also a thing I noticed is that the page called is ps_paypal_pro.php that looks like you are calling PayPal PRO methods but your acccount is not PRO so will not work with PayPal PRO methods.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I'm not seeing any actual error here..?? Does it actually provide a response after that message we're not seeing here?

Does the XCart PayPal gateway module allow you to enable logging that can be reviewed? Need to see the actual response/error code and message.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi, I ran a test on your website and I can reproduce the error. When the error is returned PayPal is not called at all but we are on your server/website on this page:

/payment/ps_paypal_pro.php?mode=express&payment_id=20&x=37&y=15

Also in our logs for your account I can't find any error or call towards PayPal. I guess something in your module/plugin is not calling PayPal correctly. Also a thing I noticed is that the page called is ps_paypal_pro.php that looks like you are calling PayPal PRO methods but your acccount is not PRO so will not work with PayPal PRO methods.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.