Paypal Express Checkout Disabled

Preechamon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I'm setting up a WooCommerce Website and I was trying to set up the Paypal Express Checkout but It looks like the "require a billing address" option Is disabled by default and I would like to have it enabled, please.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Are you working with the built in PayPal integration in WooCommerce or a plugin?  Which specific setting are you referring to?  Is that an option on the Woo checkout page?  

One thing to consider when using Express Checkout is that a "billing address" is really not something that is shared.  That's one of the primary benefits of Express Checkout for buyers.  When working with it you can only send a single address to PayPal, and they will only send you a single address for the buyer that logged in (if shipping is required.)

Another major benefit is that people would typically be skipping the checkout page altogether, so that they don't have to fill out the forms at all.  This is where the name "Express" comes from.  You just push the PayPal button, log in, choose your address and funding source, and you're done.  Ideally, people will be choosing PayPal from your product page(s) or cart page and wouldn't be using the checkout page at all.

In such a scenario, again, PayPal would only return a single address back to the site; a shipping address.  

I would recommend you take a look at the PayPal for WooCommerce plugin.  It's free, and it provides options that will let you set all of this up the way you want so that everything works as needed and orders are filled out correctly in WooCommerce. 

For example, it has an option to set the Woo Billing Address to the same address that comes back for Shipping so that both addresses are filled out even though the checkout page was skipped entirely.  It also provides additional options for how and where to display the PayPal buttons throughout the site, including the Checkout page if you really do want to use it for any reason.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Preechamon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I appreciate your response.

Yes, I'm using the PayPal integration in WooCommerce. And the reason is that the Woocommerce For Paypal Plugin has too many bugs. I've just removed last night, for almost 3 days now I didn't know what was causing the shop page to display 4 products instead of 16 and was affecting my PHP and slowing down my website until I looked into my error log sheet & counted over 74 errors that were caused by the plugin,  I Immediately removed it and the shop page was back to normal and displays 16 products plus the PHP error were gone too.

So now, I'm thinking of using the PayPal integration in WooCommerce to set up a payment but I need to have the "Billing Addresses" enabled by Tech Support. I've attached screenshots of what it looks like.

I thank you once for your response.

toAfter checking this button...After checking this button...You get this messageYou get this message

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.