Paypal Donate Button Account ID Encryption

sumsunlight
Contributor
Contributor

How do I encrypt the Account ID for my Paypal Donate Button? Paypal says "The HTML button code includes a reference to your PayPal account, so we know where to send the money. We recommend using an encrypted account ID for your account identifier, so your email address isn't visible to spammers."

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sumsunlight 

Here are two ways to apply your merchant account ID in a payment button:

• Copy your ID from Account settings page and paste it in to your PayPal button code .
  • Open your payment button in the saved button list, and select your merchant account ID in the button editing page where it shows your email address and then export your button code again after saving the edit.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sumsunlight 

Here are two ways to apply your merchant account ID in a payment button:

• Copy your ID from Account settings page and paste it in to your PayPal button code .
  • Open your payment button in the saved button list, and select your merchant account ID in the button editing page where it shows your email address and then export your button code again after saving the edit.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.