Payments "On Hold (Unilateral)" - will this resolve on its own?

smags
Contributor
Contributor

I am not tech savvy and apparently made some errors setting up Paypal Standard in my new WooCommerce shop. I didn't notice this until after my big sale and I now have 40+ orders that changed from "Pending" to "On Hold (Unilateral)." I checked in my Paypal account and none of these orders show up there at all. After doing some sleuthing, I realized I had entered in the wrong Receiver email address in the settings and that my API Credentials were wrong. I fixed these issues and all NEW orders coming in using Paypal are working correctly and payments seem to be coming through and are showing up when I log into Paypal, too. However, the old ones are still stuck in the "On Hold" status. Does anyone know what needs to happen to help these orders now see the correct information and retry to process? Is there a way to even do that? Please tell me there is a way for this to happen without having to ask my customers to cancel their orders and redo them? If I have to do that, many of them will be unable to pay again because their funds will not immediately move back into their accounts because of the time delay for processing. And these are all for Christmas gifts, which need to ship by Monday or Tuesday to arrive in time for the holiday. Does anyone know what can be done in in a situation like this? Thanks for any help or input you can give. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.