Payment with currency not i hold

AAMASHAL
Contributor
Contributor

I have account with Primary Currency USD.

am trying to setup two stores one in EGP currency Egyptian pound , but unfortunately am receiving error saying that "Things don’t appear to be working at the moment” i tried to confirm the email is correct .  i deactivated the encrypted payments and i have accept all payments and transfer to USD when it comes from any currency i not hold.

any Idea how to solve this issue or how to add non supported currency to Paypal account 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AAMASHAL 

Sorry, no way to add non-supported currencies to PayPal account because they are simply not supported. You'll need to use a supported currency in your shop sites. And the currencies you see listed when you click "+ Add a Currency" on the Money page, are the currencies you can receive and hold in your PayPal balance.

These are the supported currencies:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/reference/currency-codes/?mark=currenc

Your primary currency is the currency used for sending and requesting payments.

Here’s how to select a currency for your primary balance:

1. Click Wallet on the top of the page.
  2. Click on the right side of the currency balance you want to make primary and click Make Primary.

The currency balances you add to your PayPal balance on the Money page are the currencies for receiving and holding.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.