PayPal standard checkout has stopped working.

friendlys
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

As of this morning, PayPal standard checkout has stopped working on our WooCommerce store.

This is the error that our customers are getting:

We're sorry, things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

I verified this isn't JUST our store by checking with other stores I know for fact they use PayPal standard checkouts.

Why is this happening?

Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

aces235
Contributor
Contributor

We also experienced this issue and while it seems to be working now , this is extremely frustrating. We rely on paypal for our payment processing and errors like this is lost revenue from sales and wasted money from media buying.

Edit: This still seems to be happening intermittently.

Login to Me Too

tanmar
Contributor
Contributor

We are seeing the same problem for two clients. It started abour 4 hours ago, then it worked again and about half an hour ago ist started all over again.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get in touch with someone from paypal yet.

Any news on your side?
Marco

Login to Me Too

Ygonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this exact problem and its just started to happen... 

Login to Me Too

tanmar
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Support tells me that it was a technical issue that has been resolved but I didn't get any details

Login to Me Too

friendlys
Contributor
Contributor

The problem remains for me.

It sometimes works but the payment form that shows up isn't the right one.

We have "Paypal Account Optional" turned on and yet there's now no option to pay via credit card.

This is so frustrating.

Login to Me Too

friendlys
Contributor
Contributor

I'm calling support and I can't get through. In the meantime, we're losing money from customers abandoning checkout. Fantastic.

Login to Me Too

aces235
Contributor
Contributor

It's pretty ridiculous. We're also losing money. We're probably going to add another payment provider in case these things happen again. Maybe a google checkout or something.

Login to Me Too

friendlys
Contributor
Contributor

Still not working for us. If anyone has an update please post here.

What's worse is that there's no one from PayPal to reach out to. For all we know, nobody is working on a fix.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.