PayPal limited account funds not released after 180 days

WillBill18
Contributor
Contributor
Can somebody help me, I got limited October 22, 2019 & it’s April 21,2020 I’ve been waiting & I haven’t received an email. Case PP-009-059-164-159 Someone help. Please give me some specific help not a general answer
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WillBill18 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

If you have not heard from them then you would need to contact them directly as per below, but I doubt that you will have priority at the moment as they are working with a skeleton staff in difficult times and processing requests takes longer to review.

1. Phone contact not available at the moment in most countries although you can give it a try and check, go to help/ contact bottom right of paypal pages and click on call us option.

2. Email or live chat accessed the same way if and when available.

3. Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WillBill18
Contributor
Contributor
How can I provide documents, I didn’t get any email within the 6 months asking for it. They don’t let me do anything when I click into anything in the notifications tab it says “ We can no longer do business with you” how can I get in contact with a live chat ? If I do get contact with live chat are they real people who can help me just like Phone support?
Login to Me Too

WillBill18
Contributor
Contributor
How can I provide documents, I didn’t get any email within the 6 months asking for it. They don’t let me do anything when I click into anything in the notifications tab it says “ We can no longer do business with you” how can I get in contact with a live chat ? If I do get contact with live chat are they real people who can help me just like Phone support? I’m dissatisfied, are they real people? I’ve talked to Twitter support they don’t get into my account , who can check my account? All I’ve been getting is automated emails
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WillBill18 

If you actually read my post that i spent time typing out for you then you will see that i did not say you had to provide documentation, I said that they sometimes asked for it.

Also i can only give you the options to get in touch with customer services, if you can't contact them then sadly not a lot i can do about that one is there.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WillBill18
Contributor
Contributor
Oh so you’re one of those customer support people, who makes it way worse by adding smart remarks 🤦. Well I asked plenty things I didn’t something an answer about. Do I get in contact with anybody that’s not automated. I sent documents already, who can send me an email releasing me my funds?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WillBill18 

I don't work in customer support for anyone.

And giving up my time to respond to your post and try and help you I didn't think constituted 'smart remarks'.

I can only give you the options on how to contact customer support, sadly nothing i or anyone else can do about it if you can't make contact with them at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.