PayPal fee information when it returns to my page

Dbs253
Contributor
Contributor

I am using PayPal buttons on an HTML page for customers to pay for a certain service.

The return URL query parameters look something like this:

(url to my site)\amt=50&cc=AUD&cm=406&st=Completed&tx=5GF55962MF7023235

Where amt is the amount debited and cm is the comment that I added to the PayPal call (with a transaction ID in my database)

My client wants me to also record the fee charged by PayPal for this transaction.

Is there a way I can have PayPal return this with the return parameters?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @Dbs253,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Yes, you can get the transaction fee details by implementing Express Checkout via NVP/SOAP:

Please use the filed "PAYMENTINFO_n_FEEAMT" which will be returned by DoExpressCheckoutPayment API Operation.

PAYMENTINFO_n_FEEAMT

PayPal fee amount charged for the transaction. You can specify up to ten payments, where n is a digit from 0 to 9, inclusive.

Character length and limitations:

Value is typically a positive number that cannot exceed 10,000.00 USD or the per transaction limit for the currency. It includes no currency symbol. Most currencies require two decimal places. The decimal separator must be a period (.), and the optional thousands separator must be a comma (,). Some currencies do not allow decimals. For details, see the currency codes page.

Detailed integration guide link for reference.

Thank you for understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.